Madeleine McCann: Police To Dig For Evidence

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Agree with everything you say, but still can't shake the feeling that they were hiding something when I saw them interviewed on TV. Luckily for the world in general, Flaggie's gut feelings are not admissible in evidence, but something didn't ring true.

Equally, I see no reason to think that they deliberately killed her -- if they were going to do that they could have done it under much less difficult circumstances -- and forgive my naivety, but they don't strike me as the kind of people who'd sell their daughter.

But the theory that they accidentally gave her too many sleeping tablets, while not backed up by any solid evidence, is at least less impossible. Doctor friends I know are inclined to give themselves (and presumably their children) way more than it says on the packet. When I raise an eyebrow they say something on the lines of "I'm a doctor, I know what I'm doing. Those maximum doses include a safety margin". If it turned out that they didn't quite know what they were doing in this instance, it's all too easy to imagine a couple of panicked parents unable to admit to what they'd done in the minutes following the discovery of their dead daughter, getting the body to a temporary hiding place ASAP and then moving it to somewhere where it wouldn't be found at a later date. And once they'd started lying, they'd have felt trapped, aware that they'd be even deeper in the shit for having covered up their mistake than for making it in the first place.

All pure conjecture on my part, and could be miles off the mark, but based on 59 years spent observing human nature.
That would be my theory as well.

On the other hand, there is a much less palatable one, that I do not feel inclined to share on a public forum. There are elements such as a high sex offender population in that area that could point to a darker fate.

Humans can perpetuate unutterable evil towards children and I think that some people could do anything and then lie about it on a massive scale.

Not the McCanns, obviously, but some people...

Humans can perpetuate unutterable evil towards children and I think that some people could do anything and then lie about it on a massive scale.
We, humans, are not as far away as some like to think we are from other animals. It's only the alpha male and female who mate in the wolf pack, well unless someone gets lucky! When the king of the jungle is usurped by the new king, if there are any of the old kings youngsters about, the new kid on the block kills them. The monarch of the glen rules the roost until he's replaced. etc.

I remember reading in the papers a while back, about children being killed by their father. Well that's what the headline said! Invariably it was the stepdad who killed another mans child. What I found even more puzzling, was that in some instances the mother knew this was happening, and didn't do anything to prevent it!! I started reading with more care after that, and sure enough in the majority of cases it was the stepdad who was guilty, very rarely the dad.

The veneer is very thin.

That would be my theory as well.

On the other hand, there is a much less palatable one, that I do not feel inclined to share on a public forum. There are elements such as a high sex offender population in that area that could point to a darker fate.

Not the McCanns, obviously, but some people...
Clement Freuds family villa isn't far from their apartment, I wonder how many other notable sex offenders lived close by?

freud.png

Perhaps this lady should have a try:
The amateur sleuth who searched for a body - and found one

Quote fm BBC article: Over the years, Yellowbird-Chase - a steely, plainspoken 50-year-old, and an enrolled member of the Mandan, Hidatsa and Arikara Nation - has assisted in dozens of missing persons cases. She is a part of a growing community of mostly-female amateur sleuths and activists who say cases of missing indigenous men and women are routinely under-prioritised and under-investigated by authorities.

"Don't wait for law enforcement," Yellowbird-Chase once advised at a press conference for Lone Bear. "People have this false sense of security that when you file a missing person report, that all of the officers and detectives jump in their cars and run all over the place looking for this person. That's simply not true."

And he invited the McCanns there two months after the girl went missing.... How Clement Freud invited Kate and Gerry McCann for lunch after Madeleine disappeared
Do I detect a Freudian slip somewhere ?

Though albeit 2 years after disappearance later he passed away......but tbh my gut instinct says there’s 2.1 + 1.8 or +2.0 trying to make it into 4. Can’t see the old chap dipping that low in spite of what he was accused off.

However in saying that ..to much of a coincidence.

Cheers

Last edited:
Do I detect a Freudian slip somewhere ?

Though albeit 2 years after disappearance later he passed away......but tbh my gut instinct says there’s 2.1 + 1.8 or +2.0 trying to make it into 4. Can’t see the old chap dipping that low in spite of what he was accused off.

However in saying that ..to much of a coincidence.

Cheers
Indeed, going by his accusers he was more fond of 10 year olds and upwards, but it is a helluva coincidence in an area which is over populated by fiddlers that this chap should contact the McCanns a couple months after. What was his motive ?
At the time of his accusers coming out of the woodwork, I was very surprised by an almost immediate apology from his wife. I suspect there she may well have had an inkling about his nefarious activities while he was alive.

Indeed, going by his accusers he was more fond of 10 year olds and upwards, but it is a helluva coincidence in an area which is over populated by fiddlers that this chap should contact the McCanns a couple months after. What was his motive ?
At the time of his accusers coming out of the woodwork, I was very surprised by an almost immediate apology from his wife. I suspect there she may well have had an inkling about his nefarious activities while he was alive.
I would have thought being a paedophile would be motive enough, it's not like they're likely to abide by some moral code where they have a cut off point where a child would be considered too young

I would have thought being a paedophile would be motive enough, it's not like they're likely to abide by some moral code where they have a cut off point where a child would be considered too young
Quite, the age of his victims can only be surmised by the accusers who came forward, there may be others who were indeed younger. By motive I meant why would he want to meet the McCanns unless he was involved in the disappearance, or did he gain some perverse excitement from meeting them considering the circumstances ?

Quite, the age of his victims can only be surmised by the accusers who came forward, there may be others who were indeed younger. By motive I meant why would he want to meet the McCanns unless he was involved in the disappearance, or did he gain some perverse excitement from meeting them considering the circumstances ?
Maybe he wanted to share some information with them about potential suspects in that area they could quietly look to investigate, if he moved in those circles. But if Maddie had died, lets say, from a drug overdose and disposed of in the night by unknown perpertrators, I guess the information wouldn't be much use to the parents. Maybe there is such a thing as a free lunch!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh do behave.

She is so feckin incompetent, have you learned nothing over the past few years concerning this woman?;)

If she had anything to do with it they would have found poor Maddie first thing in the morning.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Maybe he wanted to share some information with them about potential suspects in that area they could quietly look to investigate, if he moved in those circles. But if Maddie had died, lets say, from a drug overdose and disposed of in the night by unknown perpertrators, I guess the information wouldn't be much use to the parents. Maybe there is such a thing as a free lunch!
Or....he wanted to find out exactly how much the investigating team knew/suspected?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
According to the newspapers today, the Met plod are off back to the government for more money to continue the 'Maddie' saga holidays.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Sick Jokes 2
C Sick Jokes 2
Hat20 The NAAFI Bar 3