Madeleine McCann: Police To Dig For Evidence

JNM

War Hero
Let’s be honest she’s dead. If her parents didn’t do it/found her dead due to their amazing parenting skills then whoever abducted her slit the poor kids throat when she became hotter than the sun to handle.
FED3E9A2-1709-4699-B89C-6908FAF26C87.jpeg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I thought that a charity could not be run for "personal benefit"?
Given that this charity has paid their mortgage and funded world travel for them, the definition or personal benefit appears to be quite flexible.

Chef

LE
I thought that a charity could not be run for "personal benefit"?
Consider how many 'charities' there are and how easy going the charity commission is, not to mention overworked, so they say.

Are they going to bother with the McCann's mortgage payments?

Lets face it the commission let 'Kids Company' run for years with finances that would embarrass a Whelk stall.

Kids Company - Wikipedia

Pretty convenient to be able to dump your Ltd Company profits into a charity - presumably to negate any potential corporation tax liability - especially if that charity is also owned and operated by yourself.
It's not a charity but a cunningly disguised fund

Madeleines Fund is a not for profit company, not a Charity.
See my underlining below.

About Us: | findmadeleine.com

Madeleine's Fund

About the Fund

Madeleine's Fund - 'Leaving No Stone Unturned' is a not-for-profit company which has been established to find Madeleine McCann, support her family and bring her abductors to justice. The Fund is following best practice governance procedures as set out in the Good Governance Code for the Voluntary and Community Sector. The directors of the company are Brian Kennedy, Michael Linnett, Edward Smethurst, Jon Corner, Kate McCann & Gerry McCann. They have appropriate legal, business and charitable experience. An experienced Fund Administrator has been appointed to ensure the highest standards of transparency and accountability. This should enable the Directors to maintain an appropriate governance distance in the day-to-day operations of the Fund.

Fund Objectives

The full objects of the Fund are:

• To secure the safe return to her family of Madeleine McCann who was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal on Thursday 3rd May 2007;
  • To procure that Madeleine's abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to justice; and
  • To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family.

If the above objects are fulfilled then the objects of the Foundation shall be to pursue such purposes in similar cases arising in the United Kingdom, Portugal or elsewhere.

Fwiw (re Maddie, where is she?) anything now will be discovered by accident - someone building a new cafe or car park will dig up remains, or weights will come loose and remains be washed up, etc). I don't think anything can now be discovered by detection. People are being stabbed all over the shop in London; there are distressed MPs to protect. Someone in the police needs the balls to say 'stop' and let this matter lie.
Edit: in 2017, the Telegraph reported £11M had by that time been spent by police on the case.

Last edited:

Chef

LE
Madeleines Fund is a not for profit company, not a Charity.
See my underlining below.

About Us: | findmadeleine.com

Madeleine's Fund

About the Fund

Madeleine's Fund - 'Leaving No Stone Unturned' is a not-for-profit company which has been established to find Madeleine McCann, support her family and bring her abductors to justice. The Fund is following best practice governance procedures as set out in the Good Governance Code for the Voluntary and Community Sector. The directors of the company are Brian Kennedy, Michael Linnett, Edward Smethurst, Jon Corner, Kate McCann & Gerry McCann. They have appropriate legal, business and charitable experience. An experienced Fund Administrator has been appointed to ensure the highest standards of transparency and accountability. This should enable the Directors to maintain an appropriate governance distance in the day-to-day operations of the Fund.
I find it interesting that the priorities given to relevant experience puts legal above any other consideration.

You might think that the ability to use courts to decide who may say or think something would be less important than the ability to raise funds to find a missing child. I couldn't comment.

Consider how many 'charities' there are and how easy going the charity commission is, not to mention overworked, so they say.

Are they going to bother with the McCann's mortgage payments?

Lets face it the commission let 'Kids Company' run for years with finances that would embarrass a Whelk stall.

Kids Company - Wikipedia
Are you alleging it was merely a shell company ?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Of course the police want this talked about again. Otherwise where is the aspect of "possible new evidence" which could lead to more visits to Portugal as Spring /Summer comes on?
And those that won the Mets Christmas draw won't have the winner prizes. No free holiday

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Sick Jokes 2
C Sick Jokes 2
Hat20 The NAAFI Bar 3

Latest Threads