• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Madeleine McCann: Police To Dig For Evidence

No he meant the babysitter Father O'Mahony
No she was sarcastically referring to a fictional babysitter and a bedroom for a fictional returning daughter.

This bit caught my eye and not just for the bad sub editing:

A source close to Kate and husband Gerry said: 'The idea that money is still flooding in is just wrong. Donations dried up a long time ago. At times the story comes into the news a few kind people send in a quid or two but their is nothing of any real value.'

I thought that as well. It was a bit of a KLANGER!

Ungrateful, entitled bastards.

I bet those few old grannies that sent in the last contents of their biscuit tin are in tears now: "I sent a bloody fiver you cheeky cnuts".

But yeah those words were a bit of a kick in the teeth to anyone who 'donated to the cause'. Are they trying to pull a guilt trip? Do they think that is good psychology now at this stage of the game?

The final milking of a lost cause. RIP little Maddie wherever you are. There's more chance of Adolf Hitler turning up in Argentina than anyone finding her body. Someone knows where it is. Maybe in a wild dream the best scenario could be that she was abducted somehow and she is still alive. But even if she was really abducted, I think the odds are that she wouldn't have survived more than a few hours/days/weeks. One can hope.

The whole thing has been truly bizarre.

As much of a face-saving exercise than anything else.

There are two people who know exactly what happened to Madeleine McCann, and about another five with a pretty good idea. (Well, seven if you include the kids.)

I hope one of them at least has the "decency" to do one of those death-bed "confessions" us left-footers are so fond of when their time comes.

I thought that as well. It was a bit of a KLANGER!

Ungrateful, entitled bastards.

I bet those few old grannies that sent in the last contents of their biscuit tin are in tears now: "I sent a bloody fiver you cheeky cnuts".

But yeah those words were a bit of a kick in the teeth to anyone who 'donated to the cause'. Are they trying to pull a guilt trip? Do they think that is good psychology now at this stage of the game?

The final milking of a lost cause. RIP little Maddie wherever you are. There's more chance of Adolf Hitler turning up in Argentina than anyone finding her body. Someone knows where it is. Maybe in a wild dream the best scenario could be that she was abducted somehow and she is still alive. But even if she was really abducted, I think the odds are that she wouldn't have survived more than a few hours/days/weeks. One can hope.

The whole thing has been truly bizarre.

As much of a face-saving exercise than anything else.
a few years ago when Mr MC went back to work he was earning 75k a years, to me a massive sum of money, thats likely to have doubled by now with his new post, and Mrs MC must be on at least 75k a year
plus the dosh from her book
so the money from working class people will not be much more than pin money to them
Ps recently I went to portugal and took three kids oddly I came back with the same number !!
its not difficult is it

Hope they have enough to pay compo to that policeman or they might have to remortgage the house.
I really hope the ECHR either declines to hear the McCanns' appeal or, if it does, it leaves the Portuguese Supreme Court ruling stand.

If the 'fund' is finally depleted then the child may be allowed to be dead with some dignity instead of the circus attraction that her 'disappearance' became and to an extent, still is.

Out of pure morbid curiosity here, no suggestion or implication of any wrongdoing on the McCanns' part... what if irrefutable and concrete evidence of murder most foul turned up and the Mcanns were to be found guilty?

What sentence(s) might the trial judge hand down for:
  • Both guilty of muder
  • One guilty of murder and the other deeply complicit
How would subsequent events and actions (fund raising etc) by the 'guilty' pair affect the sentencing?

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I really hope the ECHR either declines to hear the McCanns appeal or, if it does, it leaves the Portuguese Supreme Court ruling stand.

If the 'fund' is finally depleted then the child may be allowed to be dead with some dignity instead if the circus attraction that her 'disappearance' became and to an extent, still is.

Out of pure morbid curiosity here, no suggestion or implication of any wrongdoing on the McCanns' part... what if irrefutable and concrete evidence of murder most foul turned up and the Mcanns were to be found guilty?

What sentence(s) might the trial hand down for:
  • Both guilty of muder
  • One guilty of murder and the other deeply complicit
How would subsequent events and actions (fund raising etc) by the 'guilty' pair affect the sentencing?
I should imagine that would all depend on how much of a cut the judge gets.
Hypothetically speaking of course.

Ps recently I went to portugal and took three kids oddly I came back with the same number
They were the same three both ways presumably... one of the three wasn't a three year old girl that you'd never seen before?

Could we be near to unraveling an eleven year mystery? It was Slocum, in the airport with the large suitcase. Where's my reward?

They were the same three both ways presumably... one of the three wasn't a three year old girl that you'd never seen before?

Could we be near to unraveling an eleven year mystery? It was Slocum, in the airport with the large suitcase. Where's my reward?
The Copper at Faro insisted I take my grandson back with me !! he was being a little sod as usual

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Sick Jokes 2
C Sick Jokes 2
Hat20 The NAAFI Bar 3