Madeleine McCann: Police To Dig For Evidence

This bit caught my eye and not just for the bad sub editing:

A source close to Kate and husband Gerry said: 'The idea that money is still flooding in is just wrong. Donations dried up a long time ago. At times the story comes into the news a few kind people send in a quid or two but their is nothing of any real value.'

Given that the Met have had £11 million odd to spend on summer fact finding trips for the last few years and have come up empty what has the 'Where's Maddie?' fund actually been for apart from court cases, travel and mortgages?

A source close to Kate and husband Gerry said: 'The idea that money is still flooding in is just wrong. Donations dried up a long time ago. At times the story comes into the news a few kind people send in a quid or two but their is nothing of any real value.'

Given that the Met have had £11 million odd to spend on summer fact finding trips for the last few years and have come up empty what has the 'Where's Maddie?' fund actually been for apart from court cases, travel and mortgages?
There ya go, silencing doubters, travel and mortgage payments.

Do you mean how was the fund money spent? They got ripped off by charlatan private investigators. Of course some have allegeded they deliberately hired charlatan private investigators because they knew the child could never be found. I wouldn't be one of them but I did feel them spending money from the fund on court cases was distasteful.

The way I read it, the shop has closed but the fund remains open. Hope they have enough to pay compo to that policeman or they might have to remortgage the house.

The way I read it, the shop has closed but the fund remains open. Hope they have enough to pay compo to that policeman or they might have to remortgage the house.
The house bought with the FUND money?

The house bought with the FUND money?

The very same. When cynical voices opined it was a tad disengenuous using the find the mislaid child donations to pay the mortgage, they argued it was essential to do so to provide a secure base for the search, and to ensure the mislaid child had the same home to joyfully return to when she was assuredly found.

The very same. When cynical voices opined it was a tad disengenuous using the find the mislaid child donations to pay the mortgage, they argued it was essential to do so to provide a secure base for the search, and to ensure the mislaid child had the same home to joyfully return to when she was assuredly found.
How's that working out?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Sick Jokes 2
C Sick Jokes 2
Hat20 The NAAFI Bar 3