Made up ranks

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by lost_ulsterman, Jun 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having a read through the rag this morning, came across an article on one of 'them' who had 2 toes replaced with metal ones.

However at the bottom of the page there is mention of a skint squaddie selling off his MC, Jokini Sivoinauca. His rank, LIEUTENANT CORPORAL apparently.

On that note then, what's the worst (or best) made up rank/title you've come across????

SAS hero back in action with metal toes | The Sun |News|Campaigns|Our Boys
  2. Corporal of Horse! I know I know! What sort of bone regt would have ranks regarding animals?!?! They need to try harder than that to get one past me.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Corporal of Horse?
    Curses!! Beaten to it as usual.
  4. I think i read about a charity event in the Salisbury free paper, and the guy doing the fundraiser was printed up as "Corporal Sergeant"! Clearly they meant Colour Sergeant, him being infantry, but you never know! Lazy journalism.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. How about Lance Private?

• Like Like x 6
  6. lance general?
  7. Ooh ooh, what about Field-Marshal El Presidente Numero Uno for Life?
  8. Regimental Corporal Major, that bloke hated me when we were in Zepce at Britcavbat.
    However it was mutual.
  9. There's somebody in my unit whose nickname is WO3 "*****" M******. Its an honoury title in regards to their inflated opinion of themselves. Always makes me laugh.
  10. I received an unsolicited application for an American Express Card with lance commander as rank whilst serving in Germany, and yes i did apply and got the card
  11. Isn't that what Teflon Tony was working towards before Broon ousted him?
  12. There used to be an actual rank of WO3, it was binned during the last war I believe.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Catch 22, Major, Major Major still gets me giggling