Made In China

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by In-Limbo, Sep 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WTF!! 6,244 babies have been made ill by the milk powder!!

Nationwide checks on milk powder are continuing, and police have confiscated more than 200kg (440lb) of melamine.

The additive is blamed for causing severe renal problems and kidney stones in babies across the country.

Of those arrested, six allegedly sold melamine, while the rest are accused of selling contaminated milk.

Suppliers to the dairy companies are believed to have added the banned chemical, normally used in plastics, to watered-down milk to make it appear higher in protein.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7622371.stm

Chinese Wifeys must have commandeered the Outrage Bus, no wonder we can't locate it.

Oh yeah, and melamine:

A trimer of cyanamide, combined with formaldehyde to produce melamine resin, a very durable thermosetting plastic, and melamine foam, a polymeric cleaning product. The end products include countertops, dry erase boards, fabrics, glues, housewares and flame retardants. Melamine is one of the major components in Pigment Yellow 150, a colorant in inks and plastics. Melamine is also used to make fertilizers.

They used to give it to cattle, but it was rejected. Now they just put it straight into the milk. Luverly.

Only....

[​IMG]

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I'm surprised this is the first outrage thread on the subject! Nothing for ages, then 3 come along at once!

Unferkinbelievable! I'm very pleased that the Chinese have retaine dthe death penalty, and hope that the means of killing those responsible is very slow and indescribably painful, and televised for the world to watch.

3. Doesn't the NHS buy cheap "drugs" from China? I wonder what's in them? :?

4. I hope they do just that, but it'll be hosted on pay for view... Outrageous!

5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

At least 6 families wil be getting billed for the execution rounds then

No messing in China the outrage bus and the execution buses are stablemates one often drops off right next to another :wink:

6. I think this is the same compound that caused a massive recall in US Petfoods not too long ago after a large number of them died. Again it was chinese in origin and had been addded to boost the nutritional analysis done by labs. Its unimaginable that they have done this again in the human food chain.

IIRC the f@ckwits responsible last time got a P45 calibre redundancy.

7. A relative of the wife works in the PLA hospital in Lanzhou where a lot of the Gansu victims are being treated. Apparently there's a queue of volunteers brushing up on their principles of marksmanship. And a far longer queue of parents looking to get there first with their bare hands.

God knows, I love the place but this sort of shit is far too common. Provincial authorities are stuffed full of the most corrupt chiselling little sods I've ever had the displeasure of meeting and it seems impossible to get rid of them. The whole damn place is a confederation in all but name and central government seems powerless to control local layers of government. Look at the Sichuan schools or the Shanxi mine disaster. Disgraced senior local party officials moved to other jobs rather than being sacked or shot.

It's the classic Chinese dichotomy: the sky is high and the Emperor far away. If you don't have honest men in the right places you might as well not bother.

8. Unfortunately, it's not likely to be the people responsible. Some flunky will be throw in front of a firing squad and the actual culprits will just lay low for a bit before surfacing in some money-making scheme elsewhere.