Mad Minutes

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by stoatman, Apr 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I love the Mad Minute. Martin Farnan has buggered that up at Bisley using specious reasoning to ban the firing of more than 15 rds. As Richard Munday remarked, it is saddening that in 100 years of progress, the minimum required of a professional private soldier is now considered the maximum which can safely be attained by a private citizen.

Anyway...

Stoat's ideas for funvariations on the Mad Minute which could be nicely done on an ETR range (assuming they are thus programmable). I'd love to run these as a comp (in 2 classes - iron-sighted military, and anything-goes-open) and burn some barrels out!

1. Classic Variation

Shooter made ready with up to 10 rounds, standing alert. Fig. 11 appears at 300m for 20 secs, immediately replaced by fig. 12 at 200m for 20 secs, again immediately replaced by fig. 12 or 14 at 100m for 20 secs. Freestyle.

2. Not-The-ISSF-3-position-match

Shooter made ready with up to 10 rounds, lying prone. Fig. 11 appears at 300m for 20 seconds, prone. Targets away for 10 secs. Fig. 12 appears at 200m for 20 secs, to be engaged kneeling. Targets away for 10 secs. Fig. 12/14 appears at 100m for 20 secs, standing.

3. Rapid snaps

Shooter made ready with up to 10 rounds, lying prone. Fig. 11 @ 300, fig. 12 @ 200 & fig. 14 @ 100 appear for random exposures of 2-5 seconds, with at least 1 target always visible. Total time one minute. Unlimited rds per exposure.

4. Team shoot

As for 3, but using the whole range!

I'm sure there are plenty more variations that can be thought up!