Mad Bootie Challenge

I've just received this by email from one of the organisers currently deployed on HERRICK:

Deployed Bootie said:
I'm an RM Major currently on H9. We have set up a charity event to raise money for BLESMA and Combat Stress when we get back. Whilst I'm not an ARRSE member, there are loads of Army colleagues out here that have suggested you may be willing to put a short dit or link on your website. PLease have a look at our website and what it is trying to achieve http://www.charachallenge.com

Grateful for anything you could do. Feel free to steal any text you need straight from the website. If anyone should be able to crack a 30 miler its an Army team! (Considering we have pensioners attending.......)
A bit of info from the web site:

The Chara Challenge has two elements.

It is a 30 mile race across Dartmoor on the 2nd July 2009. We are using this race as a vehicle to involve people who want to be a part of the Chara Challenge and who want to test themselves on one of the Commando tests (see the Participating page). It is also a challenge to the members of 3 Commando Brigade to raise money for the long term care of their injured comrades and their dependants. We have been through this experience together and we must help each other when we return home. The race will be conducted in boots and carrying 32 pounds in a daysack (plus safety stores). The cut-off time for completing the race is 10 hours. To finish the 30 Miler adequate preparation, a sound race strategy, high levels of physical fitness and mental endurance are essential.

We have places for 100 teams to enter the Chara Challenge which will take place on the 2nd July 2009. Thirty places are reserved for military teams and the remaining places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Teams are to consist of four adults over the age of 18. The entry fee is £20 per team to cover the costs of running the event from Okehampton Battle Camp. When teams are accepted they are committing to raise £2,000 for the Chara Challenge Fund.
Sounds like a challenge and I'm sure there must be a few people out there who fancy putting in a team......

If there's one thing guaranteed to stop my hand from dragging out the Visa card it's a series of pictures of - and quotations from - political types on the begging letter. No matter how worthy the cause; won't happen.

Cash goes elsewhere, I'm afraid.

Yes I know. Don't care.

Whiskybreath said:
If there's one thing guaranteed to stop my hand from dragging out the Visa card it's a series of pictures of - and quotations from - political types on the begging letter. No matter how worthy the cause; won't happen.

Cash goes elsewhere, I'm afraid.

Yes I know. Don't care.
Interesting as that put me off too!