mackerel and samphire

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Poppy, Jul 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Mac and Sam is fishing peasant food, normally taught to children at the age of 4 on their first fishing trip.I hope you did not forget the lemon

If you read the" Seafood Salad " recently reviewed on here by Tropper thats one of the recipes in the book

2. I've never had a fishing trip - should I sue my parents?

3. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

"Child abuse" without a doubt, but really you should get the book, mackeral in newspaper is idiot proof cooking

4. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Mackeral, all fun and games until the weans bring back over 50 between the pair of them from a sea fishing trip.

Plus one cod, one ling and one coalfish.

The cod turned out to be wormy, but only discovered once Mrs Fang had made it into a lovely fish pie, the worms which were invisiblke beforehand turn red when cooked.

Mackeral were all gutted, split and then barbequed outside and eithe rfrozen whole or filleted and turned into pate.

Fecking hours I spent on those fish. bloody good eating though.

5. You sound almost as big a cnut as Tropper. She wants to talk about something she has discovered and she thought others might be interested. Why the supercilious "well, of course, I used to do that when I was four. Get a fcuking life she's only trying to recommend something she likes, we all know that there isn't a dish on this earth that you haven't cooked for royalty you two shedding twat.

Samphire is bloody lovely with butter and a bit of blade mace. Just like Jim used to prepare for the Emperor Octavian.