Macho culture holds back women recruits

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by msr, Feb 5, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. No shít? with it!
  3. CGS

CGS War Hero Moderator

Live it.
  4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Another couple of million quid to tell us the Army resents women and they undermine morale on board ships! Give me £20,000 and I would have saved the MOD some money!
  5. Still, got to admit, there looked like some nice Zeps nestling underneath those wooly pully's in the picture!  :D
  6. shame about the faces / arrses (delete as applicable!!!)
  7. Theres sum very unprofessional $hit flying around int there
  8. If ANYONE cannot pass the requisite fitness tests, cannot meet the required technical standards, does not display the necessary courage and fortitude of a soldier....................then they should not be drawing pay that comes from our collective taxes.

There are women in the Army - get over it.

The traditional qualities required of a trained fighter have traditionally been sought amongst the male half of the population. It now appears that some of you believe that those qualities now only exist exclusively amongst the male half of the population - not so gentlemen.

If some individual women are not up to standard, those individual women should not have been selected and should not continue to be trained. If women are asking for special treatment, don't give it to them. If they become over emotional, ignore them.

For f**ks sake guys, stop acting like complete pussies and get a grip of someone who is obviously taking the p**s out of you.
  9. CGS

CGS War Hero Moderator

10. Jesus!

Prodigal calm down..............

100% agree The AAC was introducing the first female Airtroopers into the Corps just prior to me leaving.
    Amongst them were some very capable soldiers, also some useless oxygen thieves, but as a cross section no different from the blokes.

My only grievance came when the powers that be should fast track one of them to become the 'the first female door gunner' Ok fair enough, good recruitment campaign etc..the big but was that she couldn't cock the gimpy..Granted not her fault but she's not upto the job.

She remained a door gunner until deployed on operations when the concern was raised.

Otherwise I'm all for trouts in uniform, especially when you're too tired or lazy to 'knock one out'  ;D ;D
  11. CGS

CGS War Hero Moderator

You can just soooo see where this is going...

12. Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhh!!! MDN!! I forgot how pleasurable it is to be abused by you......mmmmmmmmmmmm.......... ;D ;D :eek:

We are making the same point!! I bet you a pound to a pinch of s**t that the same AAC snr offrs who made that stupid decision are the same ones who would be the first to  complain that women don't cut the mustard and should not be in the Army..........
  13. Indeed

If they are up to the job and no concessions have to be made crack on.

Blokes only get thier backs up when the totty cry for equality after the jerry cans have been off loaded and the physical tasks have been handed out

As for abuse Prodigal, have you dyed that barnett yet, If so report to my office in heels and black webbing.... Oh and bring a packet of tissues ;D
  14. don't tempt me....... ;)
  15. Soz ladies: