Machine-gun toting Santa tells B.C. criminals to stay off the naughty list — or they’

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Canader, Dec 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Machine-gun toting Santa tells B.C. criminals to stay off the naughty list — or they’ll go back to jail

ABBOTSFORD, B.C. — Prolific criminal offenders in Abbotsford, B.C., who have made the police department’s naughty list will soon be getting a special Christmas greeting.

The front of the card shows Santa dressed in police tactical gear and carrying a machine gun.

The message on the front asks “Which list will you be on next year?” and inside, it tells the recipient it’s never too late to make a better choice.

The card is signed by Abbotsford’s Chief Constable Bob Rich and his two deputy constables.

The department mailout will go to those who have been caught many times for property crimes and those who are known for drug and gang activity.

There’s also a phone number attached to the card where the offenders can call and leave their name and contact information to get help in making a life-changing choice.

Machine-gun toting Santa tells B.C. criminals to stay off the naughty list

• Like Like x 1
  2. I like his style.

3. Would probably be considered intimidation here.

4. I read that and thought 'but criminals are supposed to feel intimidated by the police', then I remembered that I live in the UK.

• Like Like x 2
  5. A Chief Constable with a functioning brain and imagination!!?? Would never happen in Britain.
    I second JJHs comment.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I was once disciplined for putting up "Thieves operate in this area - secure your vehicle" posters in a crime hot spot, due to the potential of them "alarming and distressing the public."

Granted, the text was accompanied by a picture of "Crimebuster Bunny" taking it up the shitter from "Foxy the Burglar," but that's by the by.

7. I would have disciplined you as well! I fuckin hate those signs, it is like you are doing something wrong by owning stuff. How dare I work hard and own things. I deserve to be robbed.

Now if you had put up a pic of the kid being buggered in the greenhouse in scum with the slogan "If I catch you robbing I will guarantee you get****ed to death! I would have wished you merry Xmas.

Bring back the death penalty I say! Outrage bus! I need an outrage bus!

8. Ok, lets put this another way:

Scenario: You've left your mobile on show in your car. Local heroin addict smashes your window and nicks it. You call the old bill. I have to come and "deal" with the incident.

I'm now tied up with a crime report, when normally I would be patrolling the High Street. At this point, Mrs. Miggins is robbed in the High Street.

However, I'm not there to prevent/detect said crime, because I'm busy dealing with silly bollocks whose left his mobile phone in his car.

"The police should be out catching real criminals" - well we would be if time-wasting shitcunts actually listened to our advice, rather than tying up our time with stuff which could have been prevented. The next time you ask "where were the police when I needed them?" think to yourself... probably dealing with some idiot who made themselves a victim.

If you are daft enough to leave valuables on show, I therefore reserve the right to call you a silly **** and declare "no crime."

9. But is it not common courtesy to be able to leave others possesions alone?

10. Yes.

By rights, I should be able to place £50,000 at the end of my driveway, leave it there overnight and find it all there tomorrow morning. However, in life, there are complete bastards who are willing to rob you blind... and I would be a fool to think it would still be there.

It's common sense to hide valuables away from opportunist thieves. All the time old bill are tied up with jobs that could have been prevented, they are not out there "locking up rapists and murderers."

When the police give advice, it's not being "The Nanny State" it's a polite way of saying "Listen in ****, you help me reduce my workload and I'll help you by chasing the big time scum bags!"

• Like Like x 2
  11. So a crack addict breaks his window, steals his phone and you declare "no crime". All them nasty shops leaving stuff in the windows when they're closed must be on your shift list. O.k. silly for leaving something on view but it's still a crime. You sound like the young ******** PC who almost accused us of being responsible for being robbed because we had "nice" things.

12. I was being a bit sarcastic... I wouldn't *actually* say no crime. And me being me, I'd do my best to find the little bastard and eat him alive.

Though your analogy is a bit silly. To remove one's mobile phone from one's vehicle is easy and only takes a second... that cannot be said of shops displaying large amounts of product, can it?

What I'm trying to get at is that Joe Public seem to think the police can be everywhere and always complain when there is no one to respond to their call. If people aren't willing to help themselves, how can they expect the police to help them?

I'll quote you something from Sir Robert Peel, 2nd Baronet (the father of modern policing):

"Police, at all times, should maintain a relationship with the public that gives reality to the historic tradition that the police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full-time attention to duties which are incumbent upon every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence."

13. That's not a machine gun!

14. Why is father Christmass always portrayed as white?

15. I seem to remember an Essex Police initiative a few years ago when they waited outside the homes of petty-thieving scrotes and then followed them and took photos of them every time they stopped to talk to anyone. Of course the scrotes knew their rights and challenged the police with, "this is intimidation, I have right to walk the streets." The general police reply was, you can take us to court if you want to. As far as I recall, no copper was taken to court and the number of break-ins etc fell dramatically during the times of the initiative.

I suppose the police had to back off when the Umin rights malarky kicked off!