Machiavelli lives!

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by baldcossack, Aug 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There was a very interesting article in the Daily Telegraph today concerning an Italian factory owner, Fabrizio Pedroni, who completely fed up with the idleness of his employees and the huge costs of running a business in Italy waited until those "workers" had departed on their annual holiday and then moved the factory lock, stock and barrel to Poland. No euro, workers who want to work and far less red tape.
    Well done that man, a true heir to Niccolo Machiavelli!
    As my computers skills are at about Machiavelli's corpse's level I'm unable to upload the article. Hopefully a more modern ARRSE member will come to my aid.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I think your pants are aflame.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. In his place its what I would have done, my admiration is unbounded.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Their tax system is appalling, their banks are a mess, there are far too few young people and Italians compare with Brits for awful management and slow handed workers but I wonder a little about this sleekit chap. I've been involved in off shoring things to Poland, it is ranked 55th in the same survey. The cost of living is still low though last I looked rising as are wages. Poland has rather tough employment law. I've seen US managers driven into a rage by the frequent exercise of employee rights. It can be an experience filled with nasty surprises not least that all the skilled workers have buggered off to the Atlantic Archipelago and you have to resort to importing Indians and Turks.
  5. I was more alluding to your claim of
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Point taken! Interesting to me I might have more accurately said.
  7. The problem is just where do you locate to within the EUSSR? If its not restrictive EU rules its equally restrictive ones lingering from communist times. Its almost impossible to import many products into the EU from outside, the EU being a business detesting inward looking customs protection zone.
    It depends where his markets are.
  8. Well judging by that survey Portugal has a much higher ease of doing business ranking and a very good score for starting a business. It's on it's uppers but that may be a good thing as Poles fear their growing economy is an Irish style bubble puffed up with foreign capital. And the cultural gulf is much narrower with Italy.

For the past few years the EU has been almost entirely focused on saving core country bankers over leveraged arses so the allegations it is in some way a left wing anti-capitalist conspiracy seems rather outdated. It's very friendly to large corporate interests at the expense of smaller businesses. It's now revealed as a club protecting elite interests that's ideologically more dogmatically neo-liberal than Maggie Thatcher.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

This will take a while to play out, depending on who bribes whom. Meanwhile I do like the name of the company.
  10. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

carefull joe your homoerotic fantasies are showing
  11. Machiavelli was a writer. The person he describes in his texts is a 'prince'.

The subject of the Telegraph's story is therefore not an heir to Machiavelli, as you have stated, but a Machiavellian prince.