Machette Scabbard

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by legs-o-lead, Mar 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Since this my first stop in all matters green, I thought someone would be able to help....

I recently acquired a machette and DPM scabbard for nocturnal bushcraft activities..... it has a belt loop and pins on the back a la PLCE, but also has a long nylone web belt with push-in buckle on the front.

How is this thing supposed to be worn ? If it is fitted to a belt, what happens to the long dangly bit ?

I don't have a NCN and I couldn't be arsed to look it up.

Can anyone help ?

Ta Paul
  2. Last time I saw a bloke blundering about in the dark with his tree beater, he almost cut his own foot off. Or is nocturnal bushcraft your euphemism for prowling and rape?
  3. If carried they normally get shoved down the side of your berghan between the side pouches.
  4. The strap is a tornique for when you chop your leg off.
  5. Aye, thanks guys.... it'll be carried in my rucksack anyway, so i'll just cut the long annoyng bits off.......

And, yes, I AM the scariest thing in the park in the dark, with or without my pocket knife 8O
  6. or it could be used to keep it around your waist underneath your belt order so when worn like that in the jungle you are never without it
  7. Sounds like the same provision that is on the resi pouch (or as I like to call it - the lunchbox), it can be worn ala handbag style or wound up and taped.

But seriously, do you actually need a machete?
  8. Need one ? No. Not really. I only use it for making a shelter in the woods on bushcraft weekends.
  9. Fun having one though, I'll give you that.
  10. me too, unless i am in Leeds or Bradford :x