macedonians?

has enyone had experiance working with the macidonian army?
yust wanting to know how they operate how well trained etc
im deploying to afgan in febuary and apparantly there doing camp security

Call me old fashioned, but is this info in the public domain? If not, I'd recommend we don't discuss who's doing what and where.

I think you will find it is the Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia.

Macedonia is part of Greece and they get pretty peeved about their next door neighbours insistence of themselves calling Macedonia. (Hence Greeces' objection to them becoming a full NATO member and other things)

hh

I've worked with a few - some are OK, some are a bit behind the power curve. From what I've seen a security role will play to their strengths.

FFS don't call them Macedonians in earshot of a Greek though!

Well, the Macedonians themselves aren't too happy about that one! Basically, the bubbles are claiming that somehow Macedonia the country being called the Republic of Macedonia will give them a territorial claim on Greece's province of Macedonia, but what we call the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia is definitely not a part of Greece! My mates bird is from Macedonia and is a lovely girl so I'm biased toward them for no reason other than that...

Dread said:
Greeks: apart from Phil the Greek and ánal sex what have they done for the world?
Retsina? Strip paint and get drunk from the same bottle,very popular with 'functioning' painters and decorators.

Alexander was a Macedonian and loved it up the pumper.

I know, I've seen the film.

The prosecution - whilst reserving the right to call rebuttal witnesses yeronner - rests.

MrShanklysboots said:
Alexander was a Macedonian and loved it up the pumper.

I know, I've seen the film.

The prosecution - whilst reserving the right to call rebuttal witnesses yeronner - rests.
True, but in todays geography he would be a Greek Macedonian considering where he was born, raised, and saw his old man Phil get assassinated etc

hh

Unlucky you ! I was posted to where you're going ! Never Again !

The Macedonians are a friendly bunch, but their infantry and patrolling skills would make even the RAF REGT look like an elite force (Then again, no one could ever make the Crab's barrier techs look that good !).
They're very good at increasing their AOR without prior notification but only so they can find another PX to shop at ! Whenever they stop on foot ptl's it's less all round defence and more bunch up for a fag break.
Have you been to Bosnia, Kosovo or FYROM (Macedonia) on Ops? If you speak a bit of Serb or Albanian they'll like you.
Do you like to play Bingo ? Poor you. Every Wednesday is Bingo night and because of the way the shift rota works, they'll swamp the place and buy all the tickets. It's you're best way to win a new IPOD or PSP too.
When they are on sangar duty, they tend to use them as latrines, that's no.1's AND no.2's !
They're all conscripts apart from their officers. They have three officers and that's three too many.
And finally... You may wish to trap off with one or two of their tiny contingent of females... but only if you've got a fetish for Les Dawson in drag !
Have fun :D

Hey GM !

Try posting this enquiry on the infantry. Especially 6SCOTS, 4LANCS & 4YORKS.

Or... 9 Sqn, 7transport RLC.

They'll have the most recent experience.

Latest Threads