Mac Motorcyles

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by cupoftea, Oct 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Came accross these the other day and I have to say I am in love.

[​IMG]

I was infact nearing climax when I spotted this maggot in the ointment.

[​IMG]
    :x

They're only a dinky little upstart in Worcestershire so I'm going to write encouragement to them about their original design principles and to forbid them from sticking that horrid and WRONG just WRONG Yamaha engine on their bikes, and I invite anyone who appreciates this sort of bike to do the same.

In the mean time lets have some more photos:

Spud
    [​IMG]

Peashooter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ruby
    [​IMG]

Roarer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Yes very nice but a good thing the blast disnt live long enough to donate its horrible shitty little motor to the project.

3. Please supply a link

4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Look like it needs a V-twin - but not Harly shiite, something from Ducati/KTM/Aprilia that won't vibrate you till your blood stops circulating....

5. I think it needs a Moto Guzzi transverse V twin but might also look good with a bonneville engine.

6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

The Guzzi engine looks great but turns right on acceleration :D
    The bonny engine has not got the grunt and looks to retro.

7. No more so than a BMW! And not enough to be a problem.
    Too retro for a range of retro styled bikes?

8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

The roarer looks bit retro, at least the tank - but the rest look like American Chopper on a budget.
    Beemer engine is not pretty - I was thinking along the lines of the Bimota stuff using the air cooled Duc twin.

9. I have sent the boys some encouraging remarks. I would like to know their proposed price point as I could be tempted if they get the right engine in there at the right price.

10. They say they expect the final product to go for around £8000 - £10000 depending on spec. Yikes.

Rotax do a V-twin too, its not awfully pretty and might just be a bit too big but being Austrian I bet it really works.

There is something to be said for keeping it clean and simple though, I can see why they were going to go for a single to begin with.

11. I'd rather have a Wakan...

[​IMG]

12. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Looks too heavy, will be underpowered with that motor, lacks radial brakes, and I would not rate the handling much based on the size of the swingarm....

13. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Thought you preferred Jags?

I like the NRV 588 idea - 130kg with a rotary engine :D

Retro bikes are not easy - don't like the Norton or the Ducati offerings, but the Trumpet Bonny works for me.....

14. Not sure I agree about the weight. I dont see anything excessively heavy on there. Not having looked at the specs, that motor could be anywhere up to about 100HP(Possibly more but unlikely) which should be plenty for a naked bike. Axial brakes as shown are the current favorite with sportsbike manufacturers. radial brakes are very uncommon so lacking them is hardly a crime. The swingarm does look like it may be a tad flexi but then we dont know what it is made of or how it has been designed. Maybe it is very clever engineering. But given that you acuse the bike of probably being underpowered and under-braked, maybe handling at high speed wont be an issue!

Personally I like the way it looks but wouldnt buy it and I assume it is very expensive.