M62 police shooting: Inquest into death of Yassar Yaqub delayed

Over five years since this 'lovely young man' was shot and still no inquest. Everyone in the local area knew who and what he was yet officialdom seem very reluctant to have the balls to say it.

This paragraph in particular from the judge acting as coroner:

"However, it is important that this is a matter that is dealt with properly, that all angles are considered, and that the family and all the interested parties receive the material to which they are entitled."

If I were one of the police team previously exonerated by the IOPC I would be getting a tad nervous.

Over five years since this 'lovely young man' was shot and still no inquest. Everyone in the local area knew who and what he was yet officialdom seem very reluctant to have the balls to say it.

"However, it is important that this is a matter that is dealt with properly, that all angles are considered, and that the family and all the interested parties receive the material to which they are entitled."

If I were one of the police team previously exonerated by the IOPC I would be getting a tad nervous.

I do know one of the chair leg 'suicide by police' officers and I think his home was turned over by three different forces in early morning raids over a two year period, re-arrested and asked the same questions by someone with a different regional accent each time. The purpose of this harassment and intimidation has zero to do with the investigation or 'transparency', and everything about placing senior management above criticism.

As an aside, did anyone else click on that BBC link and have a window popup claiming that the BBC is a reliable source of unbiased and truthful news?

o_O:D

I’m glad they are considering all Angles, they should know as he’s been wiv dem for 5 years now.
It amuses me that his dad is still convinced of his innocence because he was a good boy, shame you didn’t listen at parent’s evening then, innit.

Cruthin1967

Old-Salt

IIRC Yaqub and his associate were known dealers returning from a "meeting" regarding stolen drugs.

Feeling "enriched" by all this cultural diversity yet?

The incident occurred in January 2017.
The accomplice was tried and convicted in December 2018.
The Independent Office for Police Conduct passed its report to West Yorkshire Police and the Coroner at the end of December 2019.
The inquest was provisionally due to be held in January 2022. (Probably first available date for all concerned)
Following a pre-inquest review, it has been put back to 5 September 2022. (Probably code for delayed due to the covid induced increase in the back log of cases.)

"The wheels of justice turn slowly" probably wouldn't have made such a punchy headline.

Latest Threads