M6 Motorway - WFT is going on with Speed Cameras?????

Just as well I'm a traffic officer and not a police occifer. ;)
Pisst... thats not something that you should be admitting to mate. It's on a par with admitting that you're ex RAF Regt.
Shame on you sir. Shame on you.
PS: Is it true that when you join traffic they give you a cover name to avoid any embarrassment?

I am seriously unhinged, I even disagree with the voices in my head that tell me not to walk into fast flowing traffic to retrieve live lane debris. :D my "sense of humour" is always getting me in trouble with the pink and fluffy brigade at work. ;)

I am seriously unhinged, I even disagree with the voices in my head that tell me not to walk into fast flowing traffic to retrieve live lane debris. :D my "sense of humour" is always getting me in trouble with the pink and fluffy brigade at work. ;)
You're a walking talking psychology case study mate.

You're a walking talking psychology case study mate.
If he sets up an RMP naked bar in Lane three of the M6 in a blizzard when the cones are pointing the wrong way, then we know @BossHogg has lost it.
I live in Hampshire, and frankly, I would travel to attend, despite never being RMP. I just think I would fit in.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Our Local lads found an Ocean Going Kayak wedged under the armco today ??

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Years ago, one of my engineers was fuming, having been to Deeside. He was pinged twice on the same day doing 31 and 32 in a 30 zone.

My concern with setting the speed camera threshold so tight is: How accurate are cars' speedometers? You might think you're doing under the limit, but maybe you're a mile an hour over.
About 10 percent error. More with incorrectly inflated tyres or non-standard wheels.

If he sets up an RMP naked bar in Lane three of the M6 in a blizzard when the cones are pointing the wrong way, then we know @BossHogg has lost it.
I live in Hampshire, and frankly, I would travel to attend, despite never being RMP. I just think I would fit in.
I dunno what's worst here bud, your imagined scenario, or the fact that you would give a monkey the time of day!

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I have to go out on patrol. :D
Apologies. Not all users of the motorway are morons. Notable exceptions include ourselves.

The morons are the ones who don't use them properly and then complain they are dangerous.

It's not just the motorway. I remember commuting from Spalding to Peterborough on what the press called a 'killer road'. Several people had high speed accidents and landed upside down in fields because it was long and straight, but the surface wasn't as flat as it looked, due to the fen beneath having an awkward habit of moving.

Perfectly safe to travel at around the speed limit, but a perfect take-off ramp in places if travelling too fast.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The more modern ones are mounted on the nearside gantry leg as you describe and are quite noticeable but only by day.

Older ones are mounted over each lane, those tend to not be painted yellow and are on the back of the gantry structure, so a bit tricky to spot.

Wack the cruise control on and the jobs a good 'un.
Not true. The side-mounted yellow cameras are HADECS3 cameras. Before that, there were surprisingly few cameras out there, far fewer in fact than people realise. I know because I was told the actual number by an HA engineer. The signs were just a bluff.

tgo

LE
Unless your CC auto changes speed to match with the speed signs, you'll still get caught out on the

Gantry speed lottery.