Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

M6 Motorway - WFT is going on with Speed Cameras?????

D

Deleted 136127

I'be just driven from Hertfordshire to to Manchester, going M25/M1/ M6. Just South or Birmingham my GPS starts to pipe up with 'You are approaching a speed camera - approach with caution', which I did, only to watch this thing flash as it took a photo of someone who didn't approach with caution. There are now flashing speed cameras all the way up the M6, so you either are got by average speed cameras where there are roadworks or flash cameras where they arent and its a 70MPH limit. This lot has gone up during the lockdown. The GPS pipes up with the alert every 3 or 4 minutes. The M6 is basically now covered in the bloody things. WTF????

I'be just driven from Hertfordshire to to Manchester, going M25/M1/ M6. Just South or Birmingham my GPS starts to pipe up with 'You are approaching a speed camera - approach with caution', which I did, only to watch this thing flash as it took a photo of someone who didn't approach with caution. There are now flashing speed cameras all the way up the M6, so you either are got by average speed cameras where there are roadworks or flash cameras where they arent and its a 70MPH limit. This lot has gone up during the lockdown. The GPS pipes up with the alert every 3 or 4 minutes. The M6 is basically now covered in the bloody things. WTF????

££££££££££££

Welcome to Smart Motorways and variable speed limits.

Stupid idea. Unsafe and doesn't relieve congestion

The most annoying thing about our Motorway network is the miles and miles of roadworks and speed limits of 50mph whilst they continue to foist ‘Smart’ Motorways on us. There is an almost 20 mile stretch of the M6 past Stafford that feels like it has been like that for years. Because it is 50, many lorry drivers maintain their 56mph speed and cause havoc.
As Dingerr says, the only way to deal with it is to stay within the speed limit, but it’s bloody frustrating at times!