M6/Lake District

All being well, we're spending the New Year with the daughter and her husband over in Norn Iron. We're coming back by ferry (Larne-Cairnryan) on the 4th of Jan and are looking for somewhere to stay that night somewhere between Penrith and Kendal and ideally within a few minutes drive of the M6 to break up the journey home. Probably arriving around 5-6pm I guess, weather permitting.

Any recommendations please anyone?

All being well, we're spending the New Year with the daughter and her husband over in Norn Iron. We're coming back by ferry (Larne-Cairnryan) on the 4th of Jan and are looking for somewhere to stay that night somewhere between Penrith and Kendal and ideally within a few minutes drive of the M6 to break up the journey home. Probably arriving around 5-6pm I guess, weather permitting.

Any recommendations please anyone?
I believe that @Ravers runs a B&B around Penrith.

I don't know what the hotel is like at Tebay northbound. It looks nice every time I drive past. Plus the services always get good reviews.

You've also got the hotel at Killington lake services J37 southbound, that gets good reviews and it's also got a McDonald's for breakfast.

I don't know what the hotel is like at Tebay northbound. It looks nice every time I drive past. Plus the services always get good reviews.
I can also recommend Tebay. Not cheap, but very nice people and atmosphere.

(For reasons that need not concern you, avoid room 16.)

George Hotel, Orton.
Stayed there a few years ago when I was on a course in Tebay.

Daz

LE

endure

GCM
I stayed (pre Pandemic) at the George and Dragon in Dent. A charming village and a lovely pub with great local ales, open fire and nice rooms and excellent breakfast.

Also quite cheap, too.

Latest Threads