M16/AR-15 in UK service early 1960's to Late 1980's

ugly

LE
My favourite taken has been told before but apart from a multiple opening fire on a gas powered bird scarer allegedly a DWR patrol, almost all of them were negligent discharges and have been covered in the nd thread.
In fact some of the residents on here were involved in cleaning up the mess.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
The L32A1 Browning Auto 5 was issued for use in Borneo from late 1964 or early 1965.
The RAF held several L32 Brownings darn sarf on Mount Pleasant in the 90s for bird control. I can confirm they make a mess of Upland Geese at 20 yards (and at 5 yards ALLEGEDLY obliterate a Kara Kara bird into a fine mist of blood and feathers particles).

ugly

LE
The RAF held several L32 Brownings darn sarf on Mount Pleasant in the 90s for bird control. I can confirm they make a mess of Upland Geese at 20 yards (and at 5 yards ALLEGEDLY obliterate a Kara Kara bird into a fine mist of blood and feathers particles).
We used them at Kellys Garden on bunnies

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Bunnies don't have a fine of several grand for killing one though....

ugly

LE
Bunnies don't have a fine of several grand for killing one though....
Indeed, I was threatened with being reported for poaching until I pointed out that the bennies were doing it on a semi industrial scale! Those ducks that flapped about on the water but rarely took off, yummy and their eggs were very tasty, allegedly!
I wonder where my gill nets ended up? The problem with survival kit is it never gets used until you really have to and then you wonder how it works. All I did was practise!

ugly

LE
seem to recall an influx of pussy the wrong kind alas
We used to do a moggy patrol, instead of traps we used the swill bins, leave the lid off and go round on fire picket and despatch a handful of them!

we were down towards the shore line with the 6 wheeled range rover fire truck, opposite us were the NGS booties took their kitten every where with them got more flights than we did

ugly

LE
we were down towards the shore line with the 6 wheeled range rover fire truck, opposite us were the NGS booties took their kitten every where with them got more flights than we did
You had those kinky string vests didn't you!

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
You had those kinky string vests didn't you!
the idea was that air moved in the string vest and long johns keeping the body cool, topped off with a woollen fire suit and leather boots, you sweated on a hot day and the boots stank like cat piss, the chinook used to come and wake us before flying started.
for some strange (beer) I cannot recall a lot, it was like R&R for 2 weeks. however I can remember one of the JHSU army lads was the double of Brehnez the soviet leader, and the water was brown.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
the idea was that air moved in the string vest and long johns keeping the body cool, topped off with a woollen fire suit and leather boots, you sweated on a hot day and the boots stank like cat piss, the chinook used to come and wake us before flying started.
for some strange (beer) I cannot recall a lot, it was like R&R for 2 weeks. however I can remember one of the JHSU army lads was the double of Brehnez the soviet leader, and the water was brown.
Again, were these the long sleeved versions with a diamond mesh ?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Yep tops and long john bottoms, the fire kit worked well for large fuel fires but you had to know the limits of its safety.
Are they still available and if so where do I rob find them ?

Latest Threads