M.T.P who's got it

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by thecoops, Feb 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just want to know witch T.A units have got M.P.T yet as Ive been measured up and wold like to see who gets it first / last
  2. No TA units should have it yet. It's only rolled out for ops so far.
  3. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Our unit has apparently stopped replacing jackets/trousers, but we arent slated to get it until next year at least.
  4. an email came out from land recently informing us the woodland DPM is no longer being made!It is still available but at no more than 4 items of the same type/size (my translation) and in some cases to withdraw the third set of lightwieght CS95 (non applicable to TA!). Also am reissuing some kit as A2 after QM Cond Board! Sign of the times!
  5. I've heard that if you exchange something in the near future(until PCS comes out) it'll be pretty hit or miss what you may get back, Temperate, Desert or MTP CS95!
  6. The TA have 'witch' units now? Justifying existence...cheap transport cost with the brooms, though!
  7. Are you sure you were measured up for MTP and not FAD? You normally order MTP off a chit as it equates directly to your CS95 sizes, even then only for ops. It is due issue to regular units (in PCS form) in 2012 and even this will be as per a fielding plan - those due on ops first. There are always a few anomolies, training units tend to get it early on too.
    I give it 12 months from general issue until people are trying to sneak their DPM kit back on to look ally.
  8. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Just one on that, PCS is being issued to regular units from apr this year and to recruits from aug/sept.
  9. When do the ACF benefit from clothing changeover.
  10. I would have said around 4 years for ACF. Considering it is a 2 year roll-out for the Regs.
  11. Roll out is 2011 with the TA & Cadets getting theirs starting early in 2012 (TA first). However the majority of issues to the TA/Cadets will be on supersession, either as items wear out or as new personnel receive their initial issue.

DIB 2011DIB/06 refers.

12. (My bold)

Does PCS have the same size ranges as CS95?

No. PCS has adopted the industry standard size range which will provide greater flexibility for individuals and provide greater ranges and variations.

Taken from DIB 2011DIB/06 Introduction of Personal Clothing System

13. Yeah I've seen them in certain med. units.