M Edwards face of the RBL Poppy Appeal denied funding by RBL

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dougl67, May 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys can you help,

Corporal Martin Edwards The new face of the Poppy Appeal, who was seriously injured in Basra whilst serving with 1LI/5 Rifles needs our help to get him to Germany for 14th July 2009 for a 3 day trip.

His carer has approached RBL & SSAFA and they amazingly have denied funding or even making a financial gesture.

The purpose of this trip is to enable him to visit his old comrades and attend the Medals parade. A small donation is what we are asking for to assist him as the Royal British Legion and SAAFA have turned him down for any funding. Contact me on 0754170348

You can see Martins story and others on www.cafers.karoo.net

THE DETAILS OF THIS SITE HAS GONE OUT TO OVER 500 SERVING AND EX LIGHT INFANTRY AND AS OF YET ONLY ONE HAS BEEN TO VISIT LANCE CORPORAL EDWARDS.

THIS WEB SITE WAS SET UP TO HELP ALL OUR FORCES AND TO DATE IT IS MAINLY PEOPLE FROM AMERICA AND OTHER COUNTRIES WHO HAVE COMMENTED.

Finally, if anybody is in need of legal assistance including military matters, log onto www.richardsonlaw.co.uk, they are keen to help Martin, me and others based in Leeds :D

2. msr

msr LE

Get in touch with MDN.

msr

3. I am happy for Holidays4heroes to support this on the proviso we aren't used as a political tool and used against SSAFA and RBL or to get the backs up of the organisations we support and help.

We can, I'm sure provide flight tickets for his trip to BFG

Can you provide details of the trip? is it RnR is it awareness raising? can you provide me with the SSAFA contact who declined the trip? not to create a stink, but for a look at the bigger picture.

contact me: info@holidays4heroes.org

4. A true gentleman,

I have passed your message to Martins carer

5. Its just dawned on me who you, apologies for the delayed flash to bang time.

am currently penning your letter to scottish Widows :D

Chris

6. Thunder flash must have got damp for the delayed flash to bang.

No probs.

7. No probs on slow response, I'm just sad that there hasnt been much of a take up on the web site for it.

Martin really does deserve this trip.

8. Keep your powder dry, and calm down, a little wait out on here may bring great rewards.

9. Doug again you have got my details wrong my tel no is 07541 703488 my email is ericlarkin1@msn.com, My site is www.cafers.karoo.com.

I have been fighting in Martins corner for over a year now and have dealings with him on a weekly basis as no others can be bothered to visit him even his own family visit him less and less say once every 2 months.

10. Paddy, calm down mate. MDN's already got his finger on this pulse. It's in good hands mate.

11. PERSEC Paddy - suggest you amend your post and send such information via PM.

BTW click HERE for corrected link.

12. My details that I posted on here do not relly matter as they have been pasted on so many site in regards to Martin. I dont mind who contacts me in that respect but if i do get any untoward messages then I always have the option to block. Martins story is more important to me.

13. I have checked on flights for Martin and that bit is sorted it is 61.46 per person all that we need to sort now is the accomodation in Paderborn but I am waiting to see what 5 Rifles are going to make in way of a contribution. I have also sent an email to Mark Sandiford in York he is Army Benevolent Fund to ask if they can also contribute