M.B.E.

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by LiverpoolLass, Dec 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As I got shot down with a request for naked picture on another forum, am wondering if I can get quick answer.

I would like to get my mum nominated posthumously for MBE. Any one out there can tell me how this is done? Can a commoner do this? Does it have to be a nomination from the royals or the government?

Would really appreciate some info ... as I am trolling the Internet to try to find out.

ta,

LL

2. Reported as spam.

3. Here is a naked picture;

[​IMG]

4. Didn't ask for one but ... really guys, what is the MBE all about, does anyone know (apart from my trolling the internet) how it works?

Ta,

LL

5. You're trying to get your mum nominated for a decoration about which you know nothing, and you expect to be taken seriously? Go away, before the big boys show up.

You hedge baby.

6. "Darl, put the kettle on."

7. I don't think they give out MBEs posthumously.

However, as you are based in Liverpool you could probably nick one.

• Like Like x 2
  8. What has she done that makes you think she deserves one?

9. You troll the internet? You ******* pest!

10. Couldn't you find one from this century?

11. It hardly matters, since she's dead.

12. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Seems that the late potential nominee falls at the first hurdle:

"Who can be nominated?

Anyone can be nominated, but only exceptional people are honoured. If you want to see your candidate on the honours list, make sure your nomination has what it takes to make it all the way to Buckingham Palace. Achievement comes in many forms but honours committees are looking for someone who has made a difference in their field of work or community.

Honours can be awarded for all sorts of work - paid or unpaid - [B]but your nominee must still be involved in the activity for which they are nominated.[/B]"

from the DirectGov interwebthingy

Unless of course she excells in the field of haunting her neighbours.

13. How bizarre.

14. It does kind of prevent a lifetime's dedication being recognised on retirement.