Lynx with unusal markings

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by PVR-Please, Nov 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I took this picture from my front garden recently, I was sorting through my photo's and I thought I'd post it here for your interest and thoughts.

Taken in Cornwall near the most southerly point.

[​IMG]

Image hasn't been manipulated just cropped for a closer look at the fuselage.

2. Upon close analysis of the markings, I would say it is an Algerian Navy Lynx.

TAXI!!!

3. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Well done Lofty :roll:

4. It was a joint Uk Algerian exercise and as we didn't have any kit they signed a Lynx out to us for the duration.

5. Looks like a pre-delivery test flight. The white serial looks like its in the ZK range which is a British serial format and its got the red/blue roundel too. Saudi Typhoons on test flights out of Warton also carried ZK serials prior to delivery, prior to painting they also carried the red/blue roundel.

EDIT .. What he said above .. :wink:

6. They have four Super Lynx 300 Mk130s, . they also are getting six AW 101s and someAW139s been training at Shawbury for some time on AW 109s

7. And with that winch fitted it can lift a bag of walkers crisps or what ever they call them over there!

8. AW pre-delivery scheme for the Algerians. Lynx 300 (or Super Lynx....which is an oxymoron).