Lynx Pilot Injured in Iraq

Should be repatt'ed back in blighty soon. Good sign that he is stable is his movement back.

Get well soon mate.

Silsoe, just read a snippet of yours from 'that other site'.
The injuries sustained start me wondering about kit availability. Lets hope it's not yet another round of 'chest armour / Arm'd seats not available'.
I see your job at the Daily Star is working well then.

Ask the questions when you have the facts maybe?

Makes a change from being accused of being a Daily mirror operative!
Nice to know that you still visit that sight and you brought my comments over here. I wonder why you did that?
You know it's the question being asked in Germany and at Wallop I take it?

Ask the questions when you have the facts maybe?
what would be the point in asking in the first place?

Still in cuckoo land I see. :wink:

No doubt another chance for the mods to moderator edit me to the hilt!
Why not discuss on the other site?

Because Im a member here and not a member over there anymore and have no inclination to be one just to respond to one post.

You know it's the question being asked in Germany and at Wallop I take it?
Really? Not here or there from what I gather.

Depends who you speak to I suppose! :wink:

what would be the point in asking in the first place?
Im suprised at your opener over there on the subject (having said that, not that suprised really). It would be interesting to see why you asked the question in the style of a particluarly poor journo. Or have you forgotten stuff since leaving? Which op theatre did you last fly in?

SilsoeSid said:
No doubt another chance for the mods to moderator edit me to the hilt!
Why not discuss on the other site?
Now then Mr attention seeker...I haven't editted any of your posts on here.... just deleted a couple when you were being a tool. You really are a petty, trouble making, obnoxious toad..... do us a favour and stay in Danny's playground

Best wishes and speedy recovery to the pilot

I knew a surgeon who flew out of an operating theatre once for being totally psihed *hic*.....

Luckily, the post of BJ's exploits are still on this site so I simply had to "copy and paste" my comments from then ref SS. He has yet again managed to change the direction of a fairly important subject into a personal slanging match. Although my words may not relate to the subject in hand, the sentiments still apply now.

My comments then....

"For cying out loud, will some one commit a crime in SS's area and keep him in the air and not at the key board! Does his boss know that this is how he occupies his time?
What in the name of christendom has this have to do with a man who tried at something and was beaten by a chain of unfortunate events? If the only goal that SS has in life is to go to work to sit at a key board and wind people up by ranting over this that and the other then perhaps he should take a pace back and take a long hard look at himself.
Before you even think about it SS, I will wager that my skin is thicker than yours. Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me.
Stood up, waiting for incoming (which will be when he is next on shift) or maybe, just maybe, we can get back to the subject in hand. BJ."

My thoughts are with the injured. Et tu?

SS is busy slating this site on Pprune, yet he maintains his membership here

What saddens me the most is at no stage does he make any expression of well wishes to the injured pilot on here. :?

I see Always Broken in Wilts, the frustrated ballast boy has leapt to his defence. Kind of says it all

Turd!

What saddens me the most is at no stage does he make any expression of well wishes to the injured pilot on here.
Because I expressed my wishes elsewhere.
I don't feel the need to go round every website doing the same.

Nice post change RP. I'm sure you feel better now. In fact what you say could have been easily cut/pasted from my early comments to those who critisised me on the other sites Global Eagle thread. None of your own?

I'm sure you'll all be toasting Barrys Commision shortly and shaking his hand.

I will quite happily hand in my membership here, but there doesn't seem to be a button that says, 'End Membership Here.'

Until there is, I will continue to taunt you here thanks.

It's nice that you all take the time out of your obviously active lives to critisise me.
What should YOU be doing?
Getting on with your lives or actually going out and doing your job of supporting the Bush plan for world domination?

I see that in the last 2 years, the main names here have posted continually. therefore have not actually been 'out and about' doing what you are paid for, fight for your country, have you?

People in glass houses and all that.

SS

What saddens me, is that some of you have to cut/paste what I say on other sites and then ask me to come here and defend myself.
Of course I am happy to do this as I am not afraid of your pack mentality, but it then surprises me when you then say, 'go away'.
Look at this thread as a prime example.

No wonder I find it so much fun here. :D

Just incase you can't work it out. 'This thread for example.'

I start with, "Apparently now in Ramstein and 'just' Seriously injured."

The next post is, "Silsoe, just read a snippet of yours from 'that other site'.

And here we are, back with the pack versus SS. You all must be guilty of something. :wink:

A reply to the thread 'hubby's in iraq.. anyone else in the same boat?' by one of your 'honourable' members of this pack, who by random I looked at previous posts;

OK ladies

Now I understand your heartache at the other half being called to duty and being seperated for a period of time..... my sympathies are with you especially as it approaches the festive season.

I do have a few 'MDN luvvin' vouchers left and can get round any of you that are in need of a good sorting.
If the mod, I believe Porridge_gun , is able to cancel my account, please do so.

And you lot despise me! :evil:

SilsoeSid said:
Because I expressed my wishes elsewhere.
I don't feel the need to go round every website doing the same.
But you find it necassary to make four posts repeatedly droning about dullness, rather than type a quick note wishing the pilot well?

As for repeated posts over two years or more..... maybe some of aren't serving any longer...?

If I didn't know better I'd have placed you as an RMP prior to AAC.... You seem just the type to stitch your pals up.

And as for my post ref the husbands in Iraq, my money is on the ladies taking it as the joke that was intended, unlike a certain uptight clot!

Sid

Ive kept out of this until now, but you are a right royal pain in the proverbial that ought to understand how strong feelings run when comrades are either injured or killed whilst on duty.

have a bit of respect for other peoples feelings and if you dont have anything helpful to say then dont say it.

By all means have some banter on other sites and slag me and others to death over other such non sensitive issues but do not give it large about colleagues of mine sticking up for their friends that are engaged in operations other than getting up their own arse on pprune.

Silsoe stench wrote
Excellent SD,

Nice to see you made it here at last.

Obviously I have at some stage upset you, before or after I left the service I'm not too sure.

I respect your opinion of me, as that is all it is, your opinion.

As far as my leaving as a Sgt is concerned, it is clear that you are more affected by it than I am.
Oh and it was Sub by the way.

BFT times recorded on a calendar
Well, it's the PT Corps that decide which 'calendar' that would be used and if they set a pass mark and I succeed, what is the problem there?
After all being an ex APTI there was a time that I may have even taken you for your BFT.

I have at no time during my Mil career been downgraded for anything and have always produced the results required, I question if we have worked together?

The fact that others passed me on their way up does/did not embitter me.
Consider this, that I may have passed on my experiences to assist them in doing so. Is that such a bad thing to have done? I don't think so.

As for not having gone to war.
I'm sure that you will know as much as anyone, that is all down to which unit you are serving with at the time and which unit is sent. The two don't necessarily match up.
I don't remember seeing too many stories about people screaming to move units to enable them to go to war. (Although there is a tale of one guy who took leave and stowed away on a boat to the Falklands. An Air Tech I believe.) Those that went were told that their unit was off. There were no preference of posting papers going around as far as I'm aware.

During the Falklands, I was in Canada with my unit.
During Gulf 1, I was on exercise, with my unit.
I was in Kuwait for Op Driver that turned into an exercise, with my unit.
During actions in Bosnia/Kosovo, I was somewhere around the world, with my unit.
During Sierra Leone, I was in Germany, with my unit.
During Gulf 2, I was a civi.
During present actions, I am still a civi.

As you can see, my units weren't asked to go. Nothing I can do about that,is there?
I did manage to go to these places, but they'd stopped fighting by then.

I guess I was setting myself up for this kind of attack, quite rightly so.
After all, if I can't take it then I shouldn't be handing it out, should I!
So, an armchair general and a biff chit and a war dodger then? :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MightyGem Aviation 28
M Aviation 16
L Jobs Offered 0