• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Lurkers, please read...

Scorptin said:
Having only just joined and seeing how many posts the there are, I only can agree that there is very little work getting done! In fact I am getting very little work done now!!!
It doesn't mention the work thing...or it gets the hose again.....

mmmm a fresh biatch... :twisted:

Oh and welcome to ARRSE Scorptin

Well you know how it is ... in the old days all you would ever see in the Mess were NI and LS&GCs Medals, but nowadays kids who have only been in a few minutes have a chest full.

Scorptin said:
Well you know how it is ... in the old days all you would ever see in the Mess were NI and LS&GCs Medals, but nowadays kids who have only been in a few minutes have a chest full.

..a chest full of bruises from being poked with pace stick while being verbally berated for talking out of turn during Tea and Toast. Will these sprogs ever fecking learn????

Scorptin said:
I hope you are not one of those people who gets jealous if someone has more medals than yourself CRmeansCeilingReached, or may I call you CR????
call him what you like..we do!

If you really need to get his attention, just shout "Mortar Pl"

yes that's it - medal envy :)

and of course you can call me CR. it's nicer than the things people normally call me...

ignore 1771, he's just old and bitter. the youngsters mock the NI generation, in 15 years the youngsters will mock the Iraq generation.

oh hang on, we'll still be there in 15 years...

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
yes that's it - penis envy :)

and of course you can shag me. it's nicer than some of the things people normally do to me...

you got to love 1771 though, he's such a card.
8O

AF1771 said:
i must confess, i have always envied CR. ever since hearing that infamous ashford parade ground story about him:

CSM: "Are you pleased to see me?"

young CR: "Erm... no sir!"

CSM: "Look down!"

*CR looks down, mystified*

CSM: "what's THAT!?" *pointing to front of CR's lightweights*

CR: "errr... it's my penis sir."

CSM: "My God man, it looks like you've got a sock of sand down there!!"

CR: "Thank you very much sir!"

cue involuntary glances from the girls on either side :)
i can't believe you brought that up. you really are obsessed with it, aren't you? it's getting kind of embarrassing now... ;)

Having been branded a lurker on numerous occasions whilst strolling through Arnhem Block, I immediately turned to this thread.

I was puzzled to find not a single reference to:

* "keeni meeni",
* Sunglow Heating Services,
* Dufflecoats
* The Classrooms at the back of the tithe barn,
* The standing record for the soldier with most FMT 3's to his name < in 1101's at that> ...
* The fire in the gorse bushes opposite the entrance to RM Hamworthy
* The pistol found on the cistern in the gents in the Schooner in darkest Co Down.
* The bouncers for the gigs in the Stour Centre and
* What Car 45 did next at Blue 11
* The night Taff dropped his pistol in the Elbow Rooms
<< That was before the fire in 1978>>

Bring back the battered tweed sports jacket !!

The campaign for real lurkers lives!!!

AF1771 said:
Scorptin said:

..a chest full of bruises from being poked with pace stick while being verbally berated for talking out of turn during Tea and Toast. Will these sprogs ever fecking learn????
Tea and Toast, another damn fine army tradition gone to the dogs! Not unlike Sports Afternoons on a Wednesday and Early Knock-Off on a Friday. It was 14:30 before I got away today!!!!!!

Right then. I have been enticed in, and not now lurking. Hello.

Subsonic. Dunno about Blue 11, but it was certainly off at Vennebeck. Stoat said so. 8)

welcome fritzy. might want to peruse the "what squad were you?" thread on page 2, might find someone from your era already on here :)

Hello people. Also been snared by CR's appeal. Long time lurker, first time poster. This change from solitaire based to forum based skiving is proving popular in my corner of the world :D

so that's two so far... i am hoping for a surge amongst the "surf at work" lurkers when they come into work on monday.

after all, anything beats work.