Lunar Eclipse

If you can, stick your heads out and look at the moon from now on for the next few hours and enjoy the eclipse.
A normal camera will do the trick for any piccies.

Eclipse

(Phuck, I am probably gonna getted slagged for this. Helmet on, incoming....)

Looking good from Southern England. Absolutely superb sky; no cloud and crystal clear.

You can even see the change with the naked eye now! Use a pair of binoculars -and it is wonderful. Totality is in about one hour's time.

Litotes

It's mega isn't it!

Perhaps I'll try and grab a phot if it as it nears totality!

If this gets moved, I'll drag it out and put it in Multinational HQ...

'Tis some kind of sorcery! Aaaaaaarghhh.....you're all going to hell. (where's my camera).

Quite beautiful.

Too much time on your hands, Proximo? :winkrazz:

Good photo, Proximo.

Just past totality and the red tint is fading. Lovely night sky with Orion dipping to the west and Saturn to the right of the moon.

Litotes

Litotes said:
Just past totality and the red tint is fading. Lovely night sky with Orion dipping to the west and Saturn to the right of the moon.
Any news on Uranus? :dwarf:

Hey Proximo.

I looked at the two photos (obviously taken at the same time) and on viewing the second, noticed a speck of dust on my screen. I wiped it, rubbed it and scraped it, but it's still there (Centre of moon, half past 3, 1 1/2").

Did the Millennium Falcon do a U-turn?

Litotes said:
Good photo, Proximo.

Litotes
You sound like an educated type. Why is the moon tinted pink during the eclipse?

Ancient_Mariner said:
|You sound like an educated type. Why is the moon tinted pink during the eclipse?
I'm not an educated type, but the moon is red cos the light from the sun has been 'filtered' by the Earth's atmosphere so only red light reaches the moon, which then looks red.

I could probably explain that a whole lot better if my missus weren't glaring at me!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bielefeldbratty Photography 0
Howler The NAAFI Bar 5
discodan The NAAFI Bar 5