Lucky USMC marine

Shamelessly stolen from another web site, the picture shows U.S. Marine PFC. Jerry D. Goff of St. Louis MO admiring his recently modded M14. Apparently a VC sniper had a go at him and planted his bullet in the M14 barrel. One inch either side and the marine would have looked a bit different. Hope he didn't get billed for getting Uncle Sams property damaged.
I wonder if JJH knows more about this incident.

1568380988396.png

Bet what really happened was that his muzzle fell into the dirt, got jammed with crud and when the next round was fired... boooom...

Bet what really happened was that his muzzle fell into the dirt, got jammed with crud and when the next round was fired... boooom...
That comment was made on the web site from which I aquired this material. There is however no evidence that that was the case, in dubio pro reo.

Diko

Old-Salt
Saw that photo back in the 1970s plastered all over the newspapers of the day. I think they said he fired at the same time too.

Saw that photo back in the 1970s plastered all over the newspapers of the day. I think they said he fired at the same time too.
It happened in 1965, so 70’s might be a bit far on to be plastered all over, you might be getting decades mixed up.

That comment was made on the web site from which I aquired this material. There is however no evidence that that was the case, in dubio pro reo.
I found this in his hometown papers archives, its just a blurb, no article. It’s dated 11 May, 1965, different photo as well.

Latest Threads