• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Lucky Escape

Lucky lad.

I nominate the journo for non sequitur of the year award for this:

"An Army officer from the Highlands survived an attack in Afghanistan when a rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) bounced off his chest before exploding........ While at Sandhurst Royal Military Academy, Lt Robertson hit Prince William with a potato in riot training."

"It must have just skiffed off me and went to my left and detonated on the fully open gunners hatch.!!!!
Rotton tactics the Taliban are using now . . . if they want a skiffin competition then that means war!

feckemall said:
"It must have just skiffed off me and went to my left and detonated on the fully open gunners hatch.!!!!
Rotton tactics the Taliban are using now . . . if they want a skiffin competition then that means war!
Yeah, but:

The operation ended in an air strike against the Taliban forces.
Honour was satisfied. Teach 'em to go around pooh-taching our lads! :D

Is it me or is he proper old for Lt?

Is he a direct entry geezer or did he get pinged from the ranks

Good cheesy grin in the phot though!!! Cheers Terry..............Next!!!

It didn't 'bounce' off him, it 'skiffed'. Correct terminology is required here. Bouncing off a girls face is not the same as skiffing her. :D

Now there goes a man, when he returns to UK, first stop should be the newagents, fill out the Euro millions lottery coupon, ride your luck while you can.

box-of-frogs said:
Jammy git!!!!
That he survived getting hit by an RPG or that he got to pelt the second in line to the throne with root vegetables? :)

finnjim said:
Now there goes a man, when he returns to UK, first stop should be the newagents, fill out the Euro millions lottery coupon, ride your luck while you can.
Are you kidding? He's probably used up every last bit of luck he had for life. ;)

While at Sandhurst Royal Military Academy, Lt Robertson hit Prince William with a potato in riot training.

The soldier, from Inverness, received the Queen's Medal when he and William passed out in December 2006.
He got a medal for launching a King Edward at a Prince? I should be getting a few medals for throwing the odd Richard the Third during various exercises (I didn't hit any princes, just a few Queens)

Brick said:
box-of-frogs said:
Jammy git!!!!
That he survived getting hit by an RPG or that he got to pelt the second in line to the throne with root vegetables? :)

finnjim said:
Are you kidding? He's probably used up every last bit of luck he had for life. ;)

Hope not, a few more guys like him and terry'll just give up, what a coup, terry thinking that RPGs just bounce off our guys.

OH MY GOD!!!!

:eek:

I was in the same platoon with him in Iraq when he was a full screw in PWRR. He was a bit hard back then being one of the fittest blokes on BAS.

Good skills and what a lucky escape! Glad to see you're ok Robbo :D

thegimp said:
Is it me or is he proper old for Lt?

Is he a direct entry geezer or did he get pinged from the ranks

Good cheesy grin in the phot though!!! Cheers Terry..............Next!!!
and the answer is . . .

brecon_billy said:
OH MY GOD!!!!

:eek:

I was in the same platoon with him in Iraq when he was a full screw in PWRR. He was a bit hard back then being one of the fittest blokes on BAS.

Good skills and what a lucky escape! Glad to see you're ok Robbo :D

Christ, I worked with that guy too. He was pretty nails but takeing and RPG to the chest and walking away just about classes him as the most nails bloke I have ever met.

My claim to fame, done.

Dave was in my platoon at Sandhurst, he was the fittest bastard you ever met. He was built like an ant! And he was a legend. Shame he is scottish really....

Dave you are a ****ing legend!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vvaannmmaann The NAAFI Bar 131
Ravers The NAAFI Bar 120
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 56