Lucky escape!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ninja_Turtle, Jul 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cab driver falsely accused of rape saved by his phone app - Telegraph

"Mohammed Asif was left in tears in a police cell after Astria Berwick told officers he had carried out an assault on her in his cab.
    But the 34-year-old eventually proved his innocence with a voice recording app he was using in his taxi because his CCTV was broken.

Berwick, of Bingham, Notts, was sentenced to 16 months in prison after admitting perverting the course of justice. "

Mental bird makes a malicious allegation and has paid the price. Luckily for him he had the foresight to protect himself while his CCTV was down.

What goes through the minds of these people?!

2. She's probably on mumsnet. They wear the phrase "rape survivor" like a badge of honour.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I know it's not the Naafi but I wish you had phrased that better. It's like an invitation not to leave survivors.

Even if she's on mumsnet shouldn't she avoid targetting someone who hasn't actually done anything?

4. He let her out at a layby to be sick seemingly. So he is guilty of witnessing something which embarrassed her and therefore needed punishing; quite logical really.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Will there be a claim for PTSD and a nice wedge to follow?

As if........

6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I was not aware that the Telegraph was included in the ARRSE 'I cannot believe it' vibe. I thought it was just bollocks posted on the Daily Mail website. Have I missed something?

7. It's just another example of political correctness. Any other crime and one word against another would hardly be worthy of arrest let alone trial. When it comes to rape they will charge and rip your life apart just on the word of someone. Sadly it's also illegal to video a women engaging in consensual sex without her knowledge so I'm always breaking the law.

8. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  9. With a name like 'Astria', quite possibly.

10. No. It's not illegal because it's being taped without her knowledge.

It's illegal because it's your sister.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Very few people fail to survive being felt up by their partner after telling them they had a headache.