Lucky escape?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by tiny_recy_mac, Aug 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So 'we' (not me, been out for some time) are back to checking cars, mail etc. like the good old days.
  2. Advice had been given but for some folk who perhaps weren't 'green' prior to Good Friday Agreement, it seemed a bit of scare mongering.

Wake up call!

So how does one check under the car without drawing attention to oneself?
  3. You just get down and check the ******* car. If someone is watching you, its a good bet they already have a clue who you are and it adds as a warning your not likely to be stupid and turn the key before checking the car.
  4. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Keep an eye on the neighbours, if no one else is doing it....think about moving house. Remarkable; falling house prices, can't sell the place. Lunchbox on the drive, house gets bought and the selling process goes on. Or one gets the butler to do it, or the footman. If it was me I'd just get up earlier than everyone else
  5. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Following a chaps night out, (Back in the days of Datsuns, so relax) Hopelessly hungover bounced into passenger seat of friends motor. Strapped in and saw the look on his face when he hit the key, he hadn't looked. 'Oh Shit' both of our arses are chewing the seats. Nothing happened............even yet I get sweaty oxters....but an undercar bomb in Bangor. The swine, there are rules you know.
  6. Skid, ONH all ex provo's, are logistically helping the RIRA. ONH are taking the credit but RIRA are planting the bombs or doing the shootings.
    Only good thing is it seems the box heads are usually stopping the things going off at present.

Bangor, when the **** did you ever get a mercury tilt in East Belfast, thats when the rules went out the window.
  7. Stop worrying, there are no terrorists in NI anymore, Tony Bliar got rid of them all. this is just another bit of criminal activity. Come on, move along, nothing to see here!!!!
  8. The Germans are in NI?!
  9. I may be barking up the wrong tree, but can you not refer to MI5 as the box.
  10. Its pretty simple. If you are ex Armed Forces or RUC. You check under your car no matter what.

Even when serving you check under it. Its good skills to keep this routine in place.

Very lucky guy I hope he knows to check under it and never to under estimate the threat they pose because they may not be as good as the PIRA but they will still cause damage.
  11. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

There was a simple device, sold in Halfords and almost every other car accessory shop on the planet. Sat in plain view on the dashboard, as common as a nodding dog. Everybody had them and it allegedly showed if any miscreants had come crawling, Not sure if it actually worked but the theory seemed sound enough. Still, no substitute for having a look. Find your resident old fart and ask him/her.
  12. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Halfords was never that good, no this thing was a piece of kit probably intended as a novelty item. Someone obviously smarter than the average bear decided that this, given the technology of the day (those days contained such wonders as the Triumph Toledo and the Austin Allegro) would work and in theory it did. Although frankly pretty useless against tilt switches