Lt. Lisp

Welease Woger?

Just use it to your advantage, self depreciating humour can be a good defence against the pith takers ;-)

You might want to work on your word skills to avoid using words that could be misinterpreted, especially over the phone or or other comms.

scooperman said:
I have a slight lisp, and apart from the obvious urine taking that i can deal with, would it cause any problems down the line?
is it long distance or local?

is the recipient hard of hearing or foriegn

If you can make yourself perfectly understood then don't worry about the lisp. I had elocution lessons when young to cure a slight stammer and lisp and had a reasonably successful military career. Obviously the lads still couldn't understand me but they had no problem making out the words...

Goku said:
You wouldn’t happen to be a REME STAB by any chance?
I thought he'd retired. Or am I confusing him with the Scotsman who needed his gloves on a string through his sleeves?

You may improve your speech by repeating "the sixth shiek's sixth sheep's sick" until you can say it word perfect. The only downside to this is that this phrase rarely, if ever, comes up in conversation.

scooperman said:
I have a slight lisp, and apart from the obvious urine taking that i can deal with, would it cause any problems down the line?
If there's any thtatic it might.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Anyone else seen the video of the Fibua battle filmed at Copehill down? The covering force OC had a good lisp iirc?

Thending thitrepth could be thomething of a nuithance too...