Lt JRM Chard Type Siddies

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by A_Knocker_Till_The_End, Dec 28, 2007.

?
  1. yes, real men have facial hair

75.5%
  2. no, complete & utter sh1te.

24.5%
  3. leave me alone i'm too young for face fuzz.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. having seen the article in the paper today reagrding the "booties" having a siddie/tache competition out in afghan, it got me wondering about ..................

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7158637.stm

should siddies be brought back into the corps as a standard. :?: :?: :?: :?:

should the length of the siddie allowed to be grown be dependant of the length of time served. :?: :?: :?: :?:

personally i like to grow a nice set of "chards" as often as possible but in this day & age they are frowned upon.

feel free to discuss/enlighten the rest of the corps.

the older & bolder amongst you may have got away with murder in the 70's, yes :?: :?: :?: :?:

2. Officer in my regiment had the full C/Sgt Bourne. Great stuff.

3. Im all for them provided i can rid myself of the ginger disease first. I just get that small patch.

4. Most definately should be allowed back within The Corps. We're Engineers ffs!

5. Knocker, all for them - good enough for Chard, good enough for Sappers today.

My only concern being that if you do grow a pair, that you might appear more Elvis than Chard!

6. Action man has got longer siddies than soilders are allowed.

7. Most definutly ,should be brought back in especially the old and the bold.
    I grew a fantastic set of bugger grips in Bosnia ,Rsm of 38 at the time called be over and the conversation went something like this,

Rsm Ah young Spr R**n a fine set of bugger grips you have there,

Me thank you Sir (me expecting ,let me see them gone by 1 second ago)

Rsm Dont want to see them in Ripon ,then walked off

Me big smiles and by the end of the tour two big furry caterpillars on me cheeks

8. I had a superb set of sideburns ready for deployment to the Gulf 1990. packing kit on the square of 21 Nienburg, SSM of 4 sqn sidles up to me and whispers in my ear "are you special forces son??"
    "no Sir" replies me..

short silent pause then......... went absolutely frothingly red facedly berserk and made me shave them off then and there with my jacknife....ouch.

now was there any need for that I ask you!!!!!

9. Aye, Fkin great for the hairy bastirts that can grow them.
    I tried like fk but ma top cheeks are like a bairns arrse.
    I managed the old mexican type tash though which I've still got.
    It's a bit dusty though :D

10. Where do we draw the line though???????

[​IMG]

11. Some of the LE officers can really do us proud in the sidies stakes. The Ruperts generally do not get the growth.

12. You on the left or right mate :wink: :D

13. I disagree with overly long sidies, as the ginger gene in my family slips through if they grow to much!!!!!

14. Hey Greasy, you could always have in transplanted from your face back to the top on your head, where it seems to have slid off........ :wink: