Lt Gen Sir John Kiszely, has resigned

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by fltpilot, Oct 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well done General, I do wish the odd politician would fall on their sword sooner!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Well done the Sunday Times. A competent and knowledgeable president has resigned so that they can sell more papers and put money in Rupert's pockets. I bet they don't follow up with the corruption and lobbying in the rest of government spending.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sad end.

Foolish old man.

Anyone think, BTW, that tw4t hats and mess dress looks buff?

4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

That's a shame, though he was leaving in 2 months anyway.

5. Hardly worth running the story then is it, unless they can do a 6 part colour mini-supplement serial.

Basically unless they can be bothered to follow up with the Ministry of Fish etc etc then Gen Sir John should just fill his boots.

6. I do keep wondering what this is screening...

7. PS fixed this for you

• Like Like x 2
  8. I think he was, in the presence of a pretty young girl, led by his cock.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kizeley was a Company Commander in 2SG when I was serving. He was a 'hard bastard' and I'm very surprised to see him end it like this. Still, that's what greed and avarice do to people.

I also remember him bollocking a Section Commander and accusing him of being 'gutless', which was slightly ironic as the guy had had about 4 metres of intestine removed as a result of a mortar on Tumbledown the year before.

• Like Like x 1
  10. He was an excellent Company Commander and didn't take any crap from anyone but, he committed the 11th Cardinal sin of being caught. Now how about some of the politicians following him.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I once saw him punch a Sigs OC repeatedly in the chest from the back of his 432 when on a Div exercise when his sqn were failing to get Comms due to the wind or some such!

12. The ironclad specs spinning across the G3 Ops birdtable was another indicator!

Seriously, this is a sad development but probably inevitable, and he was due to hand over anyway in December. I think he and the Legion have dealt swiftly and appropriately with an awkward situation.

13. That should of sorted the comms then.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Still not sure what he's been 'caught' doing. The Sunday Times have simply 'exposed' common business practice and spun it in such a way that the outrage whores are up in arms. If we applied the same standards across the board, most of the private sector would be in the shit.

• Like Like x 1