Lt Col (Retd) Malcolm Mckinlay, Sad News

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Bad CO, Nov 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Just received the sad news that Lt Col (Ret'd) Malcolm Mckinlay (MS_Rep on here) has died after falling in the Kennet & Avon canal - full details here.

Obviously thoughts are with his partner & family.

2. Sad news. RIP.

3. RIP Ex-Signaller Sir.

4. Bad CO - I wonder if we could change the title to something like 'Lt Col (Ret'd) Malcolm Mckinlay, Sad News', cos there will be a bunch of people who will know him by name, but not as 'MS Rep' here on ARRSE.

Malcolm was a good guy, and one I've known for almost 30 years. He was sometimes full of sh!t, but his heart was always, always where it should have been. While he'd take the p!ss out of anyone, he tended to think the best of most. I'm really saddened by this news.

Don

Edited to add - Thanks for changing the thread title, Bad CO. I'll chase up funeral details over the next few days and, for anyone who wants to be kept informed, please pm me.

5. RIP Sir

6. Malcolm was the sort of colleague you would want to be able to ask for in a team. He gave his Corps and the Army a great deal. Very sad news. RIP.

7. RIP Max :cry:

It's a small world !

8. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Further news is that:

Further info from mjm@dcfkan.net

9. RIP

10. I knew Maicolm when we both served at Warminster. Not a Signals chaps myself - but do remember him and he did look after me in an MS sort of way.

RIP to a bit of a character!