Lt Col Mark Smyth REME / aka Lt Col Mark Radway

Discussion in 'REME' started by Queensman, May 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Amen brother. Sounds like the classic case of someone who will inevitably go on to commit more serious offences. Then people will say "why did no one do anything?" If this was a Lance Jack or something would they have been so lenient?
  2. Just read about him on Page 9 of the Bristol Evening Post it states he is still serving ?
  3. I understand from the other thread that he is suspended rather than sacked.

I didn't know HMF did "suspended"
  4. A soldier at my last unit was under investigation for the same crime. He was suspended on full pay for about 2 years whilst the investigation was ongoing.
  5. Per QRs, an officer or soldier can be suspended from duty during the investigation of an alleged offence or any other matter, where that is in the interests of the service or the individual.
  6. Or to allow sufficient time for the individual concerned to realise that suicide may at least salvage some reputation.
    • Like Like x 5
  7. I hope he would have to pay it back with interest if found guilty. In fact they should have to pay back their entire careers pay and training costs.
  8. Sparks - Seriously??? I guess my testimonial from him isn't worth the paper it's written on then.
  9. [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. What an utter Bastard.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Not a good day for the Corps.

At least this time he got sent to prison & lost his job and pension.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Chuck it in the bin. If you use that as a testimonial in support of a job application and your prospective employer checks him out what do you think that makes you in his eyes?

Bin it and put it down to experience.