Lt.Col. Cockburn RAMC

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by jonfan, Jul 31, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    Just wanted to pass on the news that my father Lt.Col (ret.) Thomas Rodney Cockburn RAMC has passed away after a short illness & to ask if anyone remembers/served with him. He was known as Rod (amongst other things I'm sure!)

He left the army in 1980 (hence old n bold forum) after 16 years. We (as a family) did Germany, Plymouth, Scotland, Cyprus (1974 when it got a bit shouty & shooty & we had to leave sharpish) & then germany again. He became a GP in the midlands

Like most of you, he seldom mentioned what he got up to. After a few drinks, I got the occasional story about NI & when pushed he would tell of being strafed (spl?) by Turkish jets, but mostly me & siblings had no idea of what he did & who with etc

So I an intrigued to see if any one remembers him & has any stories or experiences with him. I'm especially interested about Cyprus '72-'74 as me & my siblings have oddly varying memories about it all. I was 5- 6 years old & loved every minute of the bangy air raidy stuff, the elder sisters weren't so keen.

Please PM me for more details.

I presume theres some sort of RAMC assoc. type thing? Should I let them know? anyone got any contact details for that?

Thanks

2. Try this link jonfan.

Home