LSW with 100 round 5.56mm Beta C Mag/Drum

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting concept popped into my mind about how we could have lessened some of the short comings of the LSW as a support weapon, first start off with the basics of what the support weapon is aimed at; providing superior/suppressive fire.

I give you: Beta C-Mag

The LSW was never intended as an area weapon as it wouldn't fit the bill anyway due its high level of accuracy from a bipod, but given that with the addition of one of these American innovations it could use its extended range due to the longer barrel a more viable role as a suppression weapon at longer ranges due the addition of extended ammo capacity thus giving the ability to provide accurate bursts onto the target.

It's already compatible with some of our intended support weapons such as the Minimi, LMG, other 5.56mm weapons etc, and the LMG fills the role of the suppression weapon but only about to a couple of hundred meters.

My concern if the Drum mag was fitted to the LSW
a) high cyclic rate (which is supposedly less of a problem occuring with stoppages thanks to the A2 upgrade)
b) barrel overheating

Chances are going to be alot a few other points but I'll wait for some pumkin to the REME, SAA instructor or some fella from ITC to give some intelligible points of why this wouldn't work

Do they come in 7.62?
=ENDEX.

But seriously... Didn't you have to wind up a spring? I can see it getting a bit sluggish towards the end...

Well the pun was inevitable...

An interesting concept popped into my mind about how we could have lessened some of the short comings of the LSW as a support weapon, first start off with the basics of what the support weapon is aimed at; providing superior/suppressive fire.

I give you: Beta C-Mag

The LSW was never intended as an area weapon as it wouldn't fit the bill anyway due its high level of accuracy from a bipod, but given that with the addition of one of these American innovations it could use its extended range due to the longer barrel a more viable role as a suppression weapon at longer ranges due the addition of extended ammo capacity thus giving the ability to provide accurate bursts onto the target.

It's already compatible with some of our intended support weapons such as the Minimi, LMG, other 5.56mm weapons etc, and the LMG fills the role of the suppression weapon but only about to a couple of hundred meters.

My concern if the Drum mag was fitted to the LSW
a) high cyclic rate (which is supposedly less of a problem occuring with stoppages thanks to the A2 upgrade)
b) barrel overheating

Chances are going to be alot a few other points but I'll wait for some pumkin to the REME, SAA instructor or some fella from ITC to give some intelligible points of why this wouldn't work
Beta mags suck, have used them and they are not all that reliable which is why you do not see US forces using them much if at all anymore

With RG ammo, they would fail to load the last 15 rounds because of RG Ammo's lower gas pressure. They worked okay with US ammo. Beta AG offered to make an 86 round version for the UK, but the MOD declined.

Ok, not a "drum", how a "box" magazine? Any takers on a compatible "box" magazine" which would leave more cheek room with it being a bullpup

Ok, not a "drum", how a "box" magazine? Any takers on a compatible "box" magazine" which would leave more cheek room with it being a bullpup
I have seen a triple stack 5.56 mag before. Can't get my head around how it would feed the last few rounds with out the follower getting stuck. Maybe a split follower?

I have seen a triple stack 5.56 mag before. Can't get my head around how it would feed the last few rounds with out the follower getting stuck. Maybe a split follower?
What could be a sensible introduction, after looking at the other threads not been mentioned.

With RG ammo, they would fail to load the last 15 rounds because of RG Ammo's lower gas pressure. They worked okay with US ammo. Beta AG offered to make an 86 round version for the UK, but the MOD declined.
What possible influence does the gas pressure have on the magazine spring?

You've probably also passed "knob jockey certification".

Now do please give some sensible input or f**k off
I provided you with sensible input in my first post. Yet you continue to live.

As my sigblock suggests, you really don't know very much about firearms

Status
Not open for further replies.