LSW Question

Discussion in 'ACF' started by PRC-349, Mar 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just purely out of interest i was wondering if the ACF have been given the A2 version of the LSW or still use the old A1 version.

Last time I came across it as a cadet we had an A1 but heard whisperings that the A2 was in use.

Anyone able to enlighten me?

2. Durham have been using the A for over a year
  3. A2 is used. I don't think there are any A1s left.

IIRC a lot of L86A1s were converted to L22 carbines too?
  4. Cheers walts, been pestering me for a while that one

5. A1 LSWs have been declared obsolete and therefore cannot be used - even if a unit still had one.

More A2s are in the pipeline for ACFs - but not that many and no idea on the delevery schedule!
  6. that's good to hear, when i was a cadet (here we go :roll: ) using the LSW was the highlight of any camp

and probably after the whole situation in afghanistan is over then hopefully they'll get a few more,

do you still use the old BFA's or the ones with the round catchers now? last time i used one was an old one
  7. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

A2's all round, but mainly held by CTTs. Our Bn only has two for 400 plus cadets - makes the 3* board a swine with having to do the GP application shoot.

Have started using the target rifle more as a means for the senior cadets to maintain progression and interest.

Edited to add: at the last shooting officer's conference at Frimley, we were told it would cost in the region of seven million quid to bring us up to previous LSW levels and is on hold at present esp in view of the introduction of the SA80 and the replacement for the old No 8.