Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by hurryupandwait, Mar 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was going through some old pay slips the other day. After I left basic trg and went to my first unit, it struck me that, although I deployed on various exs over the alloted LSSA timeframe (9 days?), I still didn't receive any LSSA.

I then suddenly remembered someone telling me that there is a period after you complete your training where you are not entitled to LSSA, even if you deploy on ops or on exs over 9 days. I think it was about 6 months. Can any of the SPS/Clks out there shed any light on this?

I am not after re-claiming money back; simply interested in why this is!!?? Is that still the case? After all, if you are trained and deploy with your field unit, what is the reasoning behind not getting LSSA? :?
  2. I believe it's 18 months before you're entitled to LSSA, but my memory is hazy.

Is this fair? IMHO no it isn't. Why do we do it? No idea.

Note that the LSA system under JPA will require 100 days away before you get the dosh. Those already entitled to LSSA will simply step across to the relevant LSA band and rate.
  3. Thanks Darth. Seems a bit bizarre though, don't you think?
  4. Under JPA will the 10 day rule still apply? Been caught out on a number of occasions on that one.
    Is there a link somewhere to see how it is calculated/ applied?
  5. The 10 days of absence currently required for each period of separation in order to qualify for LSSA will be retained to protect the X factor separated service element, except for personnel serving in seagoing units who will qualify for payment of LSA from the first day away from Base Port.
  6. Darth,
    I thought that even sea goers had to be out of their own beds for 10 days and thatthe payment is always retrospective.
  7. Outstanding - not under JPA & LSA rules.

Lucky you! :)