LSSA Rules.

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Percy_Pigeon, Jan 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

Can anybody remind me on the rules I am likely to spend frequent days away in my new job (Approx 3- 5 days).

These shorter trips are usually abroad to operational and non operational theatres staying in a mixture of hotels and tentage dependent on the theatre.

In essence what is the qualifying time for LSSA, I’ll ask the other questions when they arise.

Thank for any help
  2. I think it's 10 nights (not days) away from your unit, also there is another criteria in that you are unable to return to your unit for 24hrs when you are stood down. But, I await correction :)
  3. If you are on a temporary assignment for 10 days or more and you are able to go home at weekends/ other stand down periods, you may be eligible for GYH travel provided your Temp assignment station is in the same country/ theatre as your permanent duty station and you are not in receipt of LSA.
  4. Try speaking to your FSA about LSSA on the road, the rules are different than your normal LSSA, the CDT types get it and the CGS briefing teams
  5. LSSA is changing to LSA (just read it some new JPA allowances guide thingy) and you can get an allowance where you frequently spend 4 days or more away from your normal barracks.