LSSA and the Sandpit

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by GSSigs, Jan 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im off to the sandpit soonish. I have been reading through the brown envelope paperwork and it says that you are only entitled to LSSA if you have 2 years bounty.

I am bounty qualified for this year but does it mean that because i havent had it I wont get LSSA while in theatre or willl get it from 1st April as that is a new bounty year?

Any thoughts?
  2. Ditto 8O
  3. you need two consecutive bounty's to apply for LSSA. when I was out there last year I received my second bounty in April and they automatically back paid my LSSA from the date I entered theatre. The company clerk said it was a cock up but I wasn't the only one who received it.
  4. dream on stabs ...... you lot just rock up every so often just for the medal........ you get paid by your civvie boss anyway so leave the lssa for us regs
  5. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Yes you should get it if you've qualified for it i.e. your CO has signed your certificate of efficiency.
  6. give it rest with the certificate of efficiency ........thats a load of lefty pc dont do this job 24/7 do you
  7. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

A typically educated response from someone who has no knowledge of that which he speaks. Err, er don't get paid by a civvie boss anyway.

You'll probably find that attitudes to the TA in the Regs today are somewwhat different to whenever it was you were in.

Oh, and they've got rid of 5.5" guns as well.
  8. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

As a matter of fact mate, I do.
  9. on my third tour in 5 is that any different from your regular soldier?

your a bit of a dinosaur arent you mate. way behind on how the TA have changed over the past few years and are expected to develop even more over the cming years.

glad there are fewer and fewer of your kind around anymore at least in uniform :roll:

sorry mate you have to have had at least two consecutive bounties. think it works out at £4.80 a day for your first tour until you qualify for your first LSSA bounty then something like £7.50 but i'm not absolutely sure of that
  10. They also did not teach proper english during the times of the Crimea did they.
    Not saying mine is much better. :)
  11. Even if you are still in you must be flying up the ranks, clearly your education courses have been wasted.
  12. still in and flying thanks so thats blown your theory out the window aint it
  13. jmj

jmj Old-Salt

I was in a similar position to yourself. I received my second years bounty while out there. From that point on I qualified for LSSA however I didn't automatically receive it. Chillwell spotted this on demob and I was paid it within a month or so of returning.

14. important thing to remember is

mistakes can take, in my case, years to resolve
  15. calm it down lads hes fishing and you are biting.

carry on the conversation and ignore the twat completely. you all know what you are and know his words dont mean anything in todays army

there is no longer a time when we in the TA have to justify our existence. By being what we are we keep our regular army able to deploy and maintain our country's committments. we have long passed any reason to be embarrassed by being our nations part time reservists.

i am just amazed he can spell and string a small sentence together.

can we all agree to just ignore this small minded individual and carry on the thread. he will soon go away when he realises people with intelligence post here and he will be found wanting...