Lsgc

Discussion in 'Medals' started by Lizard_Lips, Sep 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

can anyone tell me if your service has to be continuous to qualify for the LSGC? My total length of service is almost the 15 year point but I had a year out many moons ago. Will this affect my qualifying for the LSGC?

2. Yes - all non-reckonable service is taken into account so stag on for another year.

3. Could even prevent you getting the LSGC, depending on the circumstances of hte year out.

4. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Working with a client who according to his AFB 108 testimonial was "awarded his LS&GC" although he has never received it. I would appreciate if someone IN THE KNOW could give me chapter and verse on elegibility (he had served 15 years prior to discharge with Mil Conduct of Exemplary).

5. 2 years of letter writing got me mine in the end..Hhahaha

6. It's in a long forgotten drawer in the Chief Clerks office of his last unit.

7. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Trying to miss this stage so that is why I would appreciate "someone in the know" letting me know if it is worth me pursuing this for the chap.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mmmmm I'd not considered that option.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes but so far the LSGC is the current one to apply for, or am I wrong?

10. I'm not sure, I'd have to look it up to be honest.

11. Personally I'd rather have the old sweat one if I was in his shoes ;)

12. I agree, mine's very nice.

13. I'm sure however the Reg's would want at least something which "sets us apart" from them, hence I'm more in favour of the VRSM, one size fit's all sounds like cost cutting to me!