LSGC medal

Discussion in 'Medals' started by Jaffa33*, Jul 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick question on my honours and awards on my JPA i have qualified for my LS and GC medal and was just wondering am I entitled to wear my miniature medal now. I have a summer ball coming up and don't want to get fined for being incorrectly dressed

2. Yes you are allowed considering it can take months to receive your full size medal. Once you've qualified you've qualified whether you have the full size medal in your possession or not.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thanks very much for the reply my full size one is with the clerks at the moment but I have got to wait for a VIP to present it to me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Isn't Long Service and Good Conduct an oxymoron. Or is it just me?

5. I wouldn't call you a moron. Spotty or otherwise.

• Like Like x 2
  6. You haven't got one then?

7. My !5 year point was 28 Jul - just checked JPA ... nothing. Did yours come through automatically on JPA (Awards/Notifications)?

8. I checked my date as a result of another LSGC post last week and it appeared in my workflow notifications approx 2-3 months after I had reached the 15 year point; not immediately as I had thought.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Na, didn't get the police version either.

Everyone hates me!:x

• Like Like x 5
  10. type your regy number in here to see if its been awarded on paper, least you'd have backup if the need arises

Advanced Search

LS&GC awards appear here

11. Weren't you a toff? Your lot don't qualify for them as it is a given that your behaviour is always correct?

12. I think mine came through after a wait of a few weeks. I've that many its all a bit of a blur now. They didnt hang about with my QGM/Bar though.

13. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

It's not automatically uploaded onto JPA. Your SFA should maintain a list of those due, dates etc. As each approaches they'll be put forward to the CO for approval. This is then entered onto your docs as the qualification criteria and the application is made on your behalf to the Medal Office.

In short, don't just assume that once you've done the time you're permitted to wear. The final approval lies with your CO.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Don't know if its different in the Army but in the Andrew we had to Request for it.

15. I got the LSGCA myself...Last Seen Getting Clean Away!