Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LSGC 25 years mounting

dan_brown

War Hero
Hopefully a quick question!

With the LSGC and 25 years, anybody know:

• Ribbons are sorted, but what goes on the medal? Is it another clasp, a rosette etc?
  • Medals are court mounted, what do they add? New clasp/rosette etc, and do the medals need to redone from scratch?
Same questions for miniatures please.

If it's a case of unmounting, doing the work and then re-court mounting, it's going to be expensive :(

It’s a clasp. I never bothered adding mine, it’s still in its box somewhere.

Shit - that means pulling them apart :(

Congratulations, you old fart.

If you ask your RSM, they will say you should be honoured to have to pay a tailor an exorbitant fee.
Don't forget, you'll have to put a few beer tokens behind the Mess bar as well. :p

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Put the time in but a few incidents on the way meant no LS&GC for SSgt Smeggers. As it was awarded for undetected crime, I am quite happy without it. I did the crime and done the time.

romeolima

Swinger
Depending how they've been put together it is possible to unpick and add the clasp without having to fork out for the whole shebang. Of course if they've been glued and/or tied off with a single running line of thread then, sorry.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
The WO1 I work with is very proud he made WO1 but hasn't got an LSGC. I did offer to put a letter in saying he's reformed, but I think it's a badge of honour :)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Depending how they've been put together it is possible to unpick and add the clasp without having to fork out for the whole shebang. Of course if they've been glued and/or tied off with a single running line of thread then, sorry.
Don't talk bollocks.

Shit - that means pulling them apart :(
Not necessarily it all depends on how they have been Mounted previously It could be as simple as cutting the thread holding the disc of the medal down and sliding it off the ribbon threading the clasp on and restitching stuff down or it could be a full remount job

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Personally, I would pay to have them remounted with the LSGC and bar. Be proud of being too lazy to get a real job.

You may find this hard to believe, but I wasn’t actually wearing my medals on my Osprey when I got hit.
Standards clearly had dropped. I bet you didn't have razor sharp creases in your trousers either.

Didn't your Mam ever tell you to wear clean pants in case you got hit by a car, so the paramedics didn't think you were a tramp?

Standards clearly had dropped. I bet you didn't have razor sharp creases in your trousers either.

Yes. I ironed my kit in Afghanistan, unless I was in a FOB.

Maybe not as scarce as they were prior to the re-jigging of the regs, bars on regular long runners are still quite an achievement. I would suggest getting them mounted properly - bearing in mind they will outlast you.

dan_brown

War Hero
I spoke with George at McKays and fair play to him he did offer a workaround.

But i'm 28 days off an ACSM, so i may wait until/if i get that and have the work done then. With full size and minatures, i'll be looking at near £200 to get everything court mounted :(

Latest Threads