Hi All.

I have a question, basically i just want to make sure im not getting paid too much and getting it all taken back off me later on.
My unit is based abroad, im attached to a UK Unit and live in SSSA and have been for the last year. I currently recieve LSA, FIA, GYH + Wages. Im not moaning but i just want to make sure im not being overpaid. Any answers would be good. cheers.
Need more detail - Where is your unit based? Are you on the black economy? Assignment order issued? Do you have your own place elsewhere? when are you going back to your unit? Were you initially abroad with the unit? - Give me as much info on your circumstances as you can and I will do some digging - PM if you feel the need.

Hi. Its in Central England and yes im on the black. I do have my own house where i was brought up and go back there at weekends. I was abroad first then moved to the current unit im at now.

My Unit is Germany, Im not sure when im due back, i think its just a rolling attachment

As you are receiving GYH I would say the regs are quite clear - you are not entitled to LSA:

05.0107. Ineligible Service Personnel.
Service personnel will be ineligible to
receive LSA when:
a. In receipt of Get You Home (GYH) Travel allowance for the same period
of separation. However, entitlement to GYH (Early Years) (GYH(EY)) and the
accumulation of GYH (Seagoers) (GYH(S))/GYH(S) Additional Journeys is
unaffected by payment of LSA. LSA ceases for the period a GYH(EY), GYH(S)
or GYH(S) Additional Journey is undertaken.

If you are the guy who lost a leg, if you were casevaced direct from ops to Hospital care, then you retain your LSA and your Ops allowance. I'm sure PW can give you the exact entitlement. But if you are still attached to the Hospital then my understanding is you retain these allowances.

Latest Threads