LSA and course

strong96

Swinger
was on a 5 week course down south , went to clerk to question why i wasnt paid lsa and was told not entitled to it cause could have gone home at weekends, south coast to up north are they taking piss, it was an 8 hr drive to get to course must be entitled to lsa for a course that long when that far from home

strong96

Swinger
had to do all the lesson preps for following week, also never finished till late fridays and 90 quid in petrol and 8-10hours drive just to get home was a defo no can do

had to do all the lesson preps for following week, also never finished till late fridays and 90 quid in petrol and 8-10hours drive just to get home was a defo no can do

So... yes you could have gone home if you chose to?

Or did the course have activities programmed in on weekends that you had to remain in location for?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Could you have gone home at the weekends or did they make you work over the weekends?

What is the exact ruling on the weekends? you could drive to Elmpt in under 8 hours from various parts of the UK but you still get LSA for courses in the UK.
I think the OP can claim an GYH allowance.

What is the exact ruling on the weekends? you could drive to Elmpt in under 8 hours from various parts of the UK but you still get LSA for courses in the UK.
I think the OP can claim an GYH allowance.

As per JSP 752 Stacker.

e. Qualifying Separation (QS).

Qualifying Separation (QS) is defined as 7 consecutive days or more INVOLSEP that is taken at a location that precludes return to the duty station, family home or permanent residence during normal stand down periods (e.g. weekends).

GYH (T) seems more likely, but without more details I can't be sure...

Edit: There's a bit more to the QS than what I posted above, that's just a starter for ten, like.

How about AT, we've been told that not entitled to lssa unless your an instructor, based uk to Germany AT

How about AT, we've been told that not entitled to lssa unless your an instructor, based uk to Germany AT

AT Staff can claim, everyone can't. I always make sure my name goes in the "Administration" list whilst using taxpayers money to climb/walk/canoe/ride.

strong96

Swinger
so no lsa for going on long courses, so next 5 week course in a few months will be the same, not forgetting cancelling my leave for the course and still not had it as needed to teach

so no lsa for going on long courses, so next 5 week course in a few months will be the same, not forgetting cancelling my leave for the course and still not had it as needed to teach

Its terrible being in the army isnt it?

Cheers for the info, strangely they put my name on admin instruction as translator ....even thou can't speak German... Might attempt necky lssa claim

05.0407. Ineligible Service Personnel. Service personnel will be ineligible to
receive LSA when:

d. On any period spent away from an individual’s permanent duty station to
participate in expeditions or adventurous training. However enablers (instructors, drivers, chefs etc) whose attendance is solely to facilitate the activity and without whom the activity could not take place will be regarded as being on Temporary Duty and may claim LSA, subject to them meeting all other eligibility criteria. Enablers who participate in any activity under instruction or supervision are ineligible for the payment of LSA for the entire period.

As I say, have a chat with your Clerks and see if you're eligible for GYH(T) instead. All depends on your circumstances.

If not, suck it up. :)

Cheers for the info, strangely they put my name on admin instruction as translator ....even thou can't speak German... Might attempt necky lssa claim

I'm pretty sure at one point we had more people being part of the staff than we did participating in the AT.

Your not entitled to lsa on course due to feild cionditions being authorised by the big man in rhq unfortunatly AT as an instructor your not entiltled it gutted really ide have loads of lsa days if that happened but hey such as living it up in BATUS for a few more days getting lsa n loa so carnt be to bad

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You should get GYH if you don't get LSA. Just make sure that your residence at work address is accurate on JPA if you want to claim.

Your not entitled to lsa on course due to feild cionditions being authorised by the big man in rhq unfortunatly AT as an instructor your not entiltled it gutted really ide have loads of lsa days if that happened but hey such as living it up in BATUS for a few more days getting lsa n loa so carnt be to bad

Sorry can we have that again in English! Just trying to read that has given me a headache.

Latest Threads