LS&GC

#1
So, :cry:
After 16 yrs service I have been refused my LS&GC because in my youth I got a regimental entry. For the rest of my life I am branded a bad egg, waster etc, all because of a little mishap 15 years ago. Now I'm no lawyer but after I paid the fine, did the warning order and was subjected to the duty officer checking I wasn't drinking alcohol for three months, surely I was punished (and humiliated) enough for records to perhaps put it in the spent file. But oh no! some civil servant has decided that after all this time I can't even get a medal for all the s**t I've gone through. Is this fair ? even after I had written a very apologetic letter explaining the innocence of youth and the drinking culture of those long ago days, the reply was a blunt No, however should I reach WO1 then I shouldn't hesitate to reapply. Now, my question is this, should I really pay for a misdemeanour commited 15 years ago when in todays Army I wouldn't even have been charged (right, Court Martial then, Sir ) or am I just feeling sorry for myself as I don't have a do in my honour? You Choose.

PS. What about bringing in a long service only medal?
 
#2
azport said:
or am I just feeling sorry for myself as I don't have a do in my honour?
Yep :D

Not a medal that anyone I knew or ever knew actually took any notice of.

Once had an RSM say to me that anyone with an LSGC should never be allowed to be an RSM.

But he also told me that if I stayed in the Army for a 100 years that I still wouldn't get one :?

Big deal, you were a bad boy a long time ago, but apart from the p1ss up, does the LSGC actually matter as long as you have still managed to earn the rank on your sleeves?

I think not
 
#3
Right,
Your view is noted, however, I should point out that if I ever get to be an RSM your not getting an invite to my presentation!
 
#5
Its a bit like sulking at not being a prefect, not a proper gong and all a wee bit puffy.

It says more that you don't have one, and the chicks love a bad boy :D
 
#6
Saw one on ebay the other day sure you can bid on it if it means so much. Hell I could probably find one here in the US in a military novalty store drop me a line probably find it for a few buck and could express ship it to you next day.

PM me if you are interrested might cost you no more then a few pounds plus shipping.


One's dignity and honour is worth more than a medal.
 
#7
azport said:
the drinking culture of those long ago days,
Fashion one your self from a Herforder beer bottle top and cardboard from an Embassy No1 fag pack
 
#8
consider yourself lucky, in these days of medals being handed out like sweets, youre saving yourself a fair bit of cash on not having to get it mounted and buying a miniature.
 
#9
Well the medal is for 15 yrs LS&GC so surely 15 yrs from your offence you will qualify? Seems fair enough to me :D

Me? I am looking forward to getting my 2nd one in a couple of years :lol:
 
#10
azport said:
So, :cry:
After 16 yrs service I have been refused my LS&GC because in my youth I got a regimental entry. For the rest of my life I am branded a bad egg, waster etc, all because of a little mishap 15 years ago. Now I'm no lawyer but after I paid the fine, did the warning order and was subjected to the duty officer checking I wasn't drinking alcohol for three months, surely I was punished (and humiliated) enough for records to perhaps put it in the spent file. But oh no! some civil servant has decided that after all this time I can't even get a medal for all the s**t I've gone through. Is this fair ? even after I had written a very apologetic letter explaining the innocence of youth and the drinking culture of those long ago days, the reply was a blunt No, however should I reach WO1 then I shouldn't hesitate to reapply. Now, my question is this, should I really pay for a misdemeanour commited 15 years ago when in todays Army I wouldn't even have been charged (right, Court Martial then, Sir ) or am I just feeling sorry for myself as I don't have a do in my honour? You Choose.

PS. What about bringing in a long service only medal?
Believe me you haven't been punished enough. Take it from one who is frequently asked at Mess Dinners why i don't have an LS & GC. I got in the sh*t many moons ago. They never let you forget and will dig it up at every opportunity. Frankly it bores the arrse off me.

Personaly speaking, I couldn't give a sh*t and over the years have become very proud of the fact that something is missing from my row.

What i can say though, is welcome to the club. And ours is a much more exclusive club than those 'yes men' who have been awarded for good conduct.
 
#11
or simply havent been caught :wink:
 
#12
Exactly Turp ....... Long Service and never got caught Medal , means nothing, always laughed when I saw newly promoted WO 1's all of a sudden adding that medal to there chest, I was asked by my CO to write a letter of mitigating circunstances so I could also add it ,,,,,,,,,,I told him it was so long ago I couldnt remember what had happened other than the stich up by the monkeys and I couldnt be bothered with it .
He seemed to think it was embarrasing for me having men in the mess who had it and I didnt , and I could relate the stories of 75 % of them how they "hadnt> been caught :lol:
 
#13
Have any of you whinging buggers actually stopped to look at what LS&GC actually stands for? Long Service and GOOD CONDUCT For goodness' sake chaps. Get with the programme.

I have mine by the way....... mmm mmm mmmm
 
#14
You also have crusty underpants and are in desperate need of some genital husbandry. Something else I don't have. 8)
 
#15
i have them all, but the underwear are my lucky pants :oops:
 
#17
What makes me laugh is that when some bugger gets one, there's a big hoo haa and every fcuker is told to stop work and be in the Mess by xxxx hrs, so that the Bde Comd can present Sgt/SSgt Snodgrass with his LS & GC. Any other medal comes in the post.

My OC approached me one day and asked if we could talk privately as there had been some bad news. Thinking the worst, i agreed of course. Behind the closed door I'm told that the CO is not supporting my application for an LS & GC. 'Amazing' was my reply. 'You're taking it quite well' I'm told. 'No fcuking wonder........I didn't apply for one' Did he look a cnut.
 
#18
Baddass said:
Thinking the worst, i agreed of course. Behind the closed door I'm told that the CO is not supporting my application for an LS & GC. 'Amazing' was my reply. 'You're taking it quite well' I'm told. 'No fcuking wonder........I didn't apply for one' Did he look a cnut.
I've been out for 14 years now so am more than a little rusty on these things but do you have to apply for the LSGC?...........in my ignorance I thought it was automatic after X number of years if you had been a good boy.

BTW I never stood a chance of getting it...........what with being a paid up member of the 28 day club.......several times over:lol:
 
#19
Eggbanjo said:
I've been out for 14 years now so am more than a little rusty on these things but do you have to apply for the LSGC?...........in my ignorance I thought it was automatic after X number of years if you had been a good boy.
Paperwork comes in automatically but even if you have been a good boy the CO still has to recommend you.

Normally a formality if you have no Regimental entries, if you do then you should be invited to submit a plea of mitigation with the CO's recommendation (if he'll give it that is).
 
#20
Baddass said:
What makes me laugh is that when some bugger gets one, there's a big hoo haa and every fcuker is told to stop work and be in the Mess by xxxx hrs, so that the Bde Comd can present Sgt/SSgt Snodgrass with his LS & GC. Any other medal comes in the post.
i had my ACSM presented in the unit bar and my LS&GC passed across the Adj desk on the day i was posted.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mike_2817 Army Pay, Claims & JPA 0
QManWpns Seniors 62
Filbert Fox Multinational HQ 19

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top