L'pool & Chester Marathons

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Pork_Pie, Feb 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. These 2 marathons are both being held on the same day - 9th October. Chester nabbed the date first, but then Liverpool chose it for John Lennon's birthday. Pretty carp scheduling, having 2 events so close together on the same day. What were they thinking of? (I think the Snowdonia marathon - also nearby - is also held in Oct, although that is a tad more undulating.)

Anyhow, links to both below:

RunLiverpool Marathon 2011 | The RunLiverpool Marathon returns on Sunday, 9th October 2011 after a gap of some 18 years with 12,000 runners taking to the city's streets.

Chester Marathon

Chester seems to have nice countryside. (Anybody do it last year?) Liverpool actually starts on the Wirral, and goes through the B'head tunnel, which would be an interesting experience.

If I can sort out my fitness (haven't done more than 10.5 miles for a few months), I'd like to do 1 of these events, don't mind too much which. Hopefully, a few more ARRSErs might be running them too?

2. That is pretty pants organising on their behalf having 2 marathons only 15 miles apart.

3. Iam tempted to set off from the Chester start line and finish on the liverpool finish line.

4. Now that would be good!

5. The Liverpool half marathon is on the 27th March, im doing that and then depending on how that goes I may do the full one.

6. I was going to do that but I'm now going to be in the Lakes on a 16 mile recce for my daft 50 miler.

7. Mentalist, 50 miles! Fair play to you mate!