Loyalty

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Is there any loyalty anymore in the Army.

Managed to get myself in a bit of bother, nothing to serious i.e not being charged, but enough to go in front of the old man.

People who I thought were mates seemed to have disappeared or are suddenly to busy.

When I first joined people would rally round and help and offer guidance/assistance when they could.

Has the Army changed that much?

How long you been in?

From your tag-line, I presume you're female.

If the answer to the first question is >5 years, and my detective work is correct, you're probably not at the nubile end of the potential-shag spectrum any more so they're deserting you in droves to empty their magazine down somebody else's range.

Get used to it, it's only going to get worse.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Banker said:
How long you been in?

If the answer to the first question is >5 years, and my detective work is correct, you're probably not at the nubile end of the potential-shag spectrum any more so they're deserting you in droves to empty their magazine down somebody else's range.

If you look at my location does it look like I'm female :roll: Unless of course I was ex WRAC, which I am not.

Joined 89 left 93 rejoined 2001

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
vvaannmmaann said:
If as you say it wasn't that serious,maybe everyone thought you could cope on your own?
Good thought, but it seems to have been a bit of a bomb burst.

B_AND_T said:
Banker said:
How long you been in?

If you look at my location does it look like I'm female :roll: Unless of course I was ex WRAC, which I am not.

If you joined in 89 at 16 that would now put you at 36/37, can you not look after yourself at this age?

MSI64 said:
B_AND_T said:
Banker said:
How long you been in?

If you joined in 89 at 16 that would now put you at 36/37, can you not look after yourself at this age?
So where did Nov 09 2006 come into it?

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
MSI64 said:
B_AND_T said:
Banker said:
How long you been in?

Not the point I was making, age is not important. it is a question of loyalty between mates. Is it still there, somewhere, or are people to interested in looking after number 1 these days.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
vvaannmmaann said:
MSI64 said:
B_AND_T said:
Banker said:
How long you been in?

So where did Nov 09 2006 come into it?
I was a late developer.

Maybe your not as popular as you think you are!!!

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
MSI64 said:
Maybe your not as popular as you think you are!!!
Fair one.

What have you done now?

Oh, and just because I'm a few thousand miles away hasn't stopped my phone working. You wet fart.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
The_Snail said:
What have you done now?

Oh, and just because I'm a few thousand miles away hasn't stopped my phone working. You wet fart.
Same old, same old!

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
jagman said:
Maybe all your mates thought you deserved a bollocking....... :D
OK, take me out of the equation but go back to the question.

B_AND_T said:
jagman said:
Maybe all your mates thought you deserved a bollocking....... :D
OK, take me out of the equation but go back to the question.
In truth I have no idea what it is like these days.
I recognise what you are saying about how people would have reacted 20 years ago but know nothing of today.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Current Affairs, News and Analysis 1
A Army Pay, Claims & JPA 13
R Seniors 31